What's your source for this 750m, just out of interest? I didn't think there was any clear, accurate sources with regards to his current wealth.

It might be an old figure in fairness. SARS described him as the richest man in South Africa. Though that seems an exaggeration.

I got my letter thanking me for renewing and it will be taken from my account, and I paid in full using my debit card last season!

Then you have no contract with Zebra Finance, I suspect thousands of others are in a similar position. This has the potential to get real messy.

Since this nightmare was visited upon us, we've had the views of professional and armchair 'experts', informed rumour and hopelessly wild rumour, reasoned speculation and ridiculous guesswork and a never-ending analysis of where we are, how we got here and where we are going.

Result? The nightmare continues.

Solution? Buy the company.

The Union of Fans should sit down with Dave King or AN Other in the hope that they can accelerate the process of removing the club from ownership that is never going to be universally accepted.

Forgive me for using the technical term here, but let's stop 'fannying around' while the club becomes even more of a laughing stock.

Let's cut to the chase and buy it.

I asked earlier if £30m was a reasonable figure for a fanbase of our not inconsiderable size to pay to get the club back.

Well, is it?

Ask BH he was involved in a previous attempt to get HNWI's to advance monies for a scheme of a similar nature IIRC.

Since this nightmare was visited upon us, we've had the views of professional and armchair 'experts', informed rumour and hopelessly wild rumour, reasoned speculation and ridiculous guesswork and a never-ending analysis of where we are, how we got here and where we are going.

Result? The nightmare continues.

Solution? Buy the company.

The Union of Fans should sit down with Dave King or AN Other in the hope that they can accelerate the process of removing the club from ownership that is never going to be universally accepted.

Forgive me for using the technical term here, but let's stop 'fannying around' while the club becomes even more of a laughing stock.

Let's cut to the chase and buy it.

I asked earlier if £30m was a reasonable figure for a fanbase of our not inconsiderable size to pay to get the club back.

Well, is it?

As FS has explained on the other thread it might be nearer £50 million than £30 million, for one thing a lot of institutions that paid 70p will not sell even at 50p unless they take the view that the company will never recover enough to even get their money back.

However, let's stick with £30 million just now.

As I've said often enough, back in 2010 when McColl was set to back the RST plan to buy the Club we thought that 20,000 people paying a total of £1,500 over 5 years was the way to do it, perhaps with around £600 down and £15/month or simply £25/month over 5 years.

The RF current plan uses similar numbers and suggests that £1 million could be raised to buy 5% of the company in 3 months. Even 5,000 fans paying £18.72/month would achieve the same outcome over one year. Any £500 life membership would speed the process.

However, the RST BR seems to have difficulty getting more than 200 paying monthly and although RF has achieved 1,000+ quickly I suspect the average is about £10/month and that is nowhere near enough.

If you have any marketing experience I suspect that both these organisations would welcome your advice.

Ask BH he was involved in a previous attempt to get HNWI's to advance monies for a scheme of a similar nature IIRC.

That's the problem.

I don't think it can be done without the HNWI's.

I was on the Board of RST when these attempts were made. I personally did not speak to any of the HNWI's as that task was reserved to other parties. However, my recollection is that various attempts were made directly and indirectly to speak to the high rollers in the Member's Club some of whom were alleged to have £1-2 million to invest and numerous others with hundreds of thousands and there certainly was at least one meeting with Douglas Park & Son but no money was ever forthcoming from any of these sources. That was why we went back to basics and set out that 5-year plan.

HNWI's will not accept OMOV, they want equity. That is why I and those who are far more expert than me in these matters believe that the CLC/CLG is the wrong model for RF.

That's the problem.

I don't think it can be done without the HNWI's.

I was on the Board of RST when these attempts were made. I personally did not speak to any of the HNWI's as that task was reserved to other parties. However, my recollection is that various attempts were made directly and indirectly to speak to the high rollers in the Member's Club some of whom were alleged to have £1-2 million to invest and numerous others with hundreds of thousands and there certainly was at least one meeting with Douglas Park & Son but no money was ever forthcoming from any of these sources. That was why we went back to basics and set out that 5-year plan.

HNWI's will not accept OMOV, they want equity. That is why I and those who are far more expert than me in these matters believe that the CLC/CLG is the wrong model for RF.

Shouldn't it be put to Dave King that his wealth could be used to actually buy the club rather than setting up a trust which will likely be little more than nuisance value in the grand scheme?

He is understandably reluctant to part with his money, but if he or someone like him was able to acquire the company for £30m, and have £20m left to assist with working capital, wouldn't this be desirable?

King might want the purchase price repaid to him if he is successful and this would not be an unreasonable request.

It is areas like this we should be fully exploring. With regard to the present regime, buying them out could be a lot less painful than smoking them out.

Shouldn't it be put to Dave King that his wealth could be used to actually buy the club rather than setting up a trust which will likely be little more than nuisance value in the grand scheme?

He is understandably reluctant to part with his money, but if he or someone like him was able to acquire the company for £30m, and have £20m left to assist with working capital, wouldn't this be desirable?

King might want the purchase price repaid to him if he is successful and this would not be an unreasonable request.

It is areas like this we should be fully exploring. With regard to the present regime, buying them out could be a lot less painful than smoking them out.

Mr King does not want to buy out the present regime and from his perspective that might be understandable.

Mr King does not want to buy out the present regime and from his perspective that might be understandable.

I wouldn't want to buy out the present regime if I was in King's shoes, but if there was no viable alternative, I'd at least look at the possibility and discuss it with clued-up fan group leaders.

I wonder if this is happening or if all time and energy is being spent on more mundane matters.

people should remember that this board's cva proposal was to loan the company 8 million then be repaid in full plus interest from the fans.

the time for negotiating with them is over. they have renewed your season book whether you wanted to or not and will have the cash out your account long before you see there business plan.