The young lads we had playing regular games last season would have given that Arab side a run for their money today. McKay, Naismith & Crawford for example, would not have been out of place at all.

I think all of them would have been out of place unfortunately. I believe only McLeod has the potential to be with us as we return to the top division - provided he is played in his best position I.e. Behind the forwards

I think all of them would have been out of place unfortunately. I believe only McLeod has the potential to be with us as we return to the top division - provided he is played in his best position I.e. Behind the forwards

I like to draw comparisons with the English league because while I'm a critic of it, it is a very credible setup. That Dundee United team today for me is league 1 level in England. Possibly even League 2. I'm not just basing this on some sort of whimsical belief, I'm looking at all the SPL players who have gone to England and failed in the lower leagues.

If our u20's are no better than that lot that we played today, then we should sack them all.

I think one thing today proved is there is not a huge gap between the SPL and SFL1 sides. Most of them are a match for Ally though. Were Dundee United a lot better than SFL1 strugglers Raith? No. But both sides were more than a match for us.

PS - Macleod is going to get completely ruined under us. A quality player like him will thrive in his correct position. Unfortunately he is shunted out wide and wasted. He deserves more respect than that. As do we.

I like to draw comparisons with the English league because while I'm a critic of it, it is a very credible setup. That Dundee United team today for me is league 1 level in England. Possibly even League 2. I'm not just basing this on some sort of whimsical belief, I'm looking at all the SPL players who have gone to England and failed in the lower leagues.

If our u20's are no better than that lot that we played today, then we should sack them all.

I think one thing today proved is there is not a huge gap between the SPL and SFL1 sides. Most of them are a match for Ally though. Were Dundee United a lot better than SFL1 strugglers Raith? No. But both sides were more than a match for us.

PS - Macleod is going to get completely ruined under us. A quality player like him will thrive in his correct position. Unfortunately he is shunted out wide and wasted. He deserves more respect than that. As do we.

Agreed with the levels. SPL has been English League 1 and 2 standard for a few years now.

While some of the teams in League 1 and 2 in Scotland have tried to play decent football there is a jump in level next season in the championship. It will be ugly but Raith showed it will be tougher.

Agreed with the levels. SPL has been English League 1 and 2 standard for a few years now.

While some of the teams in League 1 and 2 in Scotland have tried to play decent football there is a jump in level next season in the championship. It will be ugly but Raith showed it will be tougher.

There's not much between the top half of the SFL1 and the SPL, it's the same in England in fairness. Next year will be a struggle.

There's not much between the top half of the SFL1 and the SPL, .

Yup, that's why the top flight should be 16-18 teams, the likes of Falkirk ad Dundee are same as Partick and St Mirren. Throw in Hearts next season and we have a serious fight on our hands.

Guest Night Owl
Johnny Russell, one of the most standout players in the SPL and linked with Celtic. Goes to Derby and is absolutely useless. He'll be back in the SPL soon. There's countless examples.

Is that the one that Barcelona were apparently looking into ....Didn't even hear much after that.

Guest Night Owl
Who said that? :laugh: Deary me.

Was all over the rags for a couple of days not that long ago..He was destined for great things n all that. Never understood the hype personally but they've obviously took lessons from Celtic's PR department.