Imagine if the club lost Ibrox and it became the property of this new trust.

How would the new owner of Ibrox manage to pay overhead costs and bills for essential maintenance work? What if the club became extinct? What if it struggled on and played out of a rented Hampden instead?

Does anyone know how this security idea actually works?

What if the club couldn't sell ibrox to buy players to inflate zeus' s share price.

Can you answer the questions I have already posed?

How exactly is this trust going to work?

Could it become liable for the upkeep of the stadium in certain circumstances?

If Rangers lost the stadium to this trust, what would happen if the team was taken elsewhere to play home games?

I know why people are considering this, but someone needs to fully explain what will happen if the stadium becomes the property of the trust.

Would you want to own a stadium in need a significant investment and requiring thousands spent on it every year just to keep it habitable - which Rangers might not even use?

You would imagine someone with the resources would become the legal trustee, and should any work need done on the stadium would fund the sub-contraction to an appropriate company.

If the team went elsewhere (a) it would be pretty much apocalpyto and (b) I wouldn't care to be the person who made that call. Not even our board could be that dumb, surely.

You would imagine someone with the resources would become the legal trustee, and should any work need done on the stadium would fund the sub-contraction to an appropriate company.

If the team went elsewhere (a) it would be pretty much apocalpyto and (b) I wouldn't care to be the person who made that call. Not even our board could be that dumb, surely.

It has been suggested in some quarters, usually by people who despise Rangers, that Ibrox is in need of a ten million pound refurbishment.

If this is true, and even if it isn't, who will stump up cash if the ground fails to get a safety certificate?

There is a very strong argument in favour of Rangers having a stadium or a training ground, but not both. If the Rangers board is made up of people with little or no affection for the club, losing Ibrox might not be such a big blow to them.

I admit this is all speculation, Andy, but how can people sign up to this when there are so many unanswered questions?

I expect it would if it became outright owner.

I can't see how we would end up at Hampden. But sure.

But the club would have to be bust for this to happen.

So around 5,000 people could become the new owners of Ibrox overnight.

Would those 5,000 people be prepared to pay the cost of maintaining it? Have they even thought about it? The more I think about this, and I want the ownership of Rangers to change too, the more I think this idea needs to be properly fleshed out.

People don't know what they are signing up to.