I’m going to start this blog with a warning – We must ensure, for the future of our club, that we do not repeat the mistakes of the past.

I say that because it is important we focus on the facts and not the personalities involved. There is a considerable amount of information circulating at the moment and it’s vital we scrutinise it in a totally objective manner. Not only because it is the right thing to do – but because the future of our club may depend on our ability to sort the wheat from the chaff.

The Union of Fans only have themselves to blame to an extent, that their anti-board message has not been widely accepted by all. Their insistence on being so deliberately confrontational with our current board, as well as their sometimes puerile rhetoric, may go down well with those already in their camp but it doesn’t necessarily resonate with all the support. As I’ve written previously, when the man you are openly supporting suggests some are “looking for a fight” it’s surely worthy of re-assessing how you are coming across to people.

It’s a real pity the debate has become so polarised. There is almost a sense that you are either pro or anti-board. I’m aware of a supporter yesterday who was threatened for refusing to chant “sack the board”. – a sad indication of the state of play. The reality of course is that for every pro or anti board supporter there are probably many more of us who are utterly confused, worried and trying to get to grips with facts amongst a deluge of propaganda.

It’s important that those in our support who are against Dave King, for whatever reason, still realise they have a responsibility in holding the current board to account, and reticence of the possible alternative does not mean we ignore unacceptable standards from those currently in power.

And just why should our current board be viewed with suspicion and be subject to challenge ?

Well for starters we have employed a new PR Guru. Such an appointment baffled many within our support, particularly with the crying need for a chief scout. One is left to ponder what our board’s priorities are for our club.

We have a non-executive director, Sandy Easdale giving interviews to the BBC where he suggests intimate knowledge of financial matters pertaining to the club. This should raise serious questions about the level of governance at boardroom level.

From the CEO’s review we have learned that contracts were signed off by the previous board without any legal representation on behalf of the club. Quite simply that is nothing short of scandalous. Do the current board intend to investigate these matters and retrospectively pursue those responsible ?

As many us are learning to our angst, the ability to renew season tickets by Credit or Debit Card is no longer available due to the merchant, 1st Data, requiring what is viewed as an unreasonable level of security for such a privilege. The CEO’s review states :

“The Board believes that one of the major factors influencing the merchant acquirer to change its terms was the extensive negative coverage of calls in some quarters for supporters to refrain or delay purchasing season tickets. “

The Union of Fans have denied this and their denials have been supported by a National newspaper which claims it has viewed correspondence which suggests this is not the reason for the increased levels of guarantee.

The ball is now in the board’s court. The integrity and veracity of both the board and the review has been challenged by a national newspaper – it is up to the board to instruct 1st Data to clarify the reasons behind the additional security requests. Quite simply if the board fail to take action over such a critical point then they have failed both themselves and the Rangers supporters who were patient enough to wait for the 120 day review.

We must not let personal feelings or personal dislikes affect our ability to exercise vigilance or judgement.

It’s a luxury not only we cannot afford, but more importantly, our club cannot afford.

Threatening behaviour from one fan or group to another is utterly disgusting, totally unjustifiable and completely beyond the pale, but as we glory in being Rangers fans, we have to recognise that there are a few in our number who will behave disgracefully because the broad church that we are reaches some very dark places.

Violence, threats of violence and intimidation have no part to play in what is now our struggle to make Rangers a fit and proper club again.

The Union of Fans only have themselves to blame to an extent, that their anti-board message has not been widely accepted by all. Their insistence on being so deliberately confrontational with our current board, as well as their sometimes puerile rhetoric, may go down well with those already in their camp but it doesn’t necessarily resonate with all the support. As I’ve written previously, when the man you are openly supporting suggests some are “looking for a fight” it’s surely worthy of re-assessing how you are coming across to people.

It’s a real pity the debate has become so polarised. There is almost a sense that you are either pro or anti-board. I’m aware of a supporter yesterday who was threatened for refusing to chant “sack the board”. – a sad indication of the state of play. The reality of course is that for every pro or anti board supporter there are probably many more of us who are utterly confused, worried and trying to get to grips with facts amongst a deluge of propaganda.

We will never get 100% agreement between all fans so your criticism of UOF is petty in the extreme. What about the card displays, were they not a success in showing what the majority thought?

Find it hard to believe that a fan was threatened for not joining in with a chant.

Anyway what is your plan to rid the club of these shysters ? Easy to sit on the sidelines sniping.

It's a sad state of affairs D'art and i for one appreciate your attempts as peacemaker here. Unfortunately at the moment between certain supporter factions there is a civil war being played out. The cry of No Surrender is being used by both sides of that war as a rallying point, very fortunately no one has been hurt or blood spilled as yet. Metaphorically speaking we need some high profile Bears banging heads together,

I myself have had enough of this board and want them gone, but i can understand other Bears opinion on it and try not to fall out about it. W need to all agree to disagree in good grace for our hopes and aspiration as to the future running of the club.

Dar't you're a safe haven in our times of trouble as is Gersnet and the Bears within, if only we could extend both here and your methods to every Bear. In saying that i off soon to FF and Rangers Media for some rough and tumble of the battlefield, as i don't see this ending soon or amicably.

We will never get 100% agreement between all fans so your criticism of UOF is petty in the extreme. What about the card displays, were they not a success in showing what the majority thought?

Find it hard to believe that a fan was threatened for not joining in with a chant.

Anyway what is your plan to rid the club of these shysters ? Easy to sit on the sidelines sniping.

I disagree Berger that they are "petty" - I think such criticism is realistic.

Have a look at the threads on here following some of their statements and there is wide criticism of some of their comments - are they being petty too ?

Was Dave King being petty when he made his comments ?

Im sorry if my comments have annoyed you - but I think they offer a valid and justified criticism.

excellent d'art.

the trouble with the boards credibility is there actions do not stack up with there words.

on friday wallace was telling us the didn't lee wallace because we would just have to buy a player of the same standard in 18 months time. perfectly correct of course . however, we all know they were hawking wallace to anyone who would listen. no doubt they still are.

he was telling us in his review that youth is the future but they are busy trying to sell any u20 player they can get an offer for.

they are telling us increased commercial revenue is a must but they are signing a 2 to 3 year deal for barely more than we are currently on with 32 red.

the talk of fan engagement on friday and on thursday one of the wigs is calling us disloyal.

same shit different directors. SSDD