Rangers requisitioners warned cash storm clouds were gathering

Quotes from Malcolm around last April when Mather was appointed:

Rangers chairman Malcolm Murray welcomed the appointment, which he says has the backing of the Ibrox board.

He said: "We are very pleased to announce the appointment of Craig Mather as Chief Operating Officer of Rangers.

"He will also be acting Chief Executive which will allow us some time to examine the credentials of candidates for this position on a permanent basis.

"Craig's appointment as Chief Operating Officer will allow the company and the Club to keep moving forward.

"Craig has invested £1million of his own money in the Club and is committed to playing an active part in delivering future success for Rangers.

"The Board has approved his appointment and look forward to him pushing us in the correct direction.

"Craig will lead the business on a day to day basis but I want to make it clear we are in a healthy position financially following the successful flotation of the company in December last year.

"I would also like to assure all of the supporters that this money is being used for the benefit of the Club and nothing or no one else."

Well the CEO did. Ps don't forget much of the spend was on pre buy out costs. Aka refunds to greens mates.

You do note that Wallace gets all the flak people can find about misinformation at the AGM, not knowing the accounts or misleading shareholders ... after a few weeks if not days in the office? That he carried out a prolonged review of the clubs finance status quo et al?

Yet, when it comes to Malcolm Murray, he was there for nigh a year as chairman and had apparently no idea what went on?

As I said before, we should try to stay objective here. It helps no-one if we start weighing people with different measures because we like some of them more or they are well-known Bluenoses.

Haven't heard the idea that Mather was sacked for daring to invite King either. I always thought that much like Stockbridge, he's simple not up to the task and overlooked lavish spending, much to the disappointment of his employers et al.

You do note that Wallace gets all the flak people can find about misinformation at the AGM, not knowing the accounts or misleading shareholders ... after a few weeks if not days in the office? That he carried out a prolonged review of the clubs finance status quo et al?

Yet, when it comes to Malcolm Murray, he was there for nigh a year as chairman and had apparently no idea what went on?

As I said before, we should try to stay objective here. It helps no-one if we start weighing people with different measures because we like some of them more or they are well-known Bluenoses.

Haven't heard the idea that Mather was sacked for daring to invite King either. I always thought that much like Stockbridge, he's simple not up to the task and overlooked lavish spending, much to the disappointment of his employers et al.

We weigh them differently because one is CEO and one was chairman.

You know full time part time. In charge figurehead.