Van Gaal agrees deal to become new manager of Manchester United

Louis van Gaal has agreed a deal to become the new manager of Manchester United, talkSPORT understands.

The Dutchman, who will take charge of his country at the World Cup in Brazil, has been the favourite to take the job ever since David Moyes was sacked.

And the fine details have been sorted out for him to take charge at Old Trafford after the tournament in Brazil.

Sources close to talkSPORT believe interim manager Ryan Giggs will be staying at the club as part of the Dutchman’s coaching staff.

Van Gaal, 62, has won league titles in Holland, Spain and Germany with Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern Munich respectively, and also won the Champions League with the Dutch giants in 1995.

He is now expected to oversee a big summer of rebuilding at Old Trafford as the club seeks to get back to the top both at home and abroad following a season of disappointment under Moyes.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-van-gaal-agrees-deal-become-new-manager-manchester-united-14050790132#vAmyHS8Db263llLt.99

I still think Mourinho would have been their best choice followed by Guardiola. But I think Rijkaard is the one they should have looked at, it was him who started Barcelona's great run.

Van Gaal will improve Man Utd from Moyes which wont be hard but I still think the will be in a battle for top 4 position next season. Chelsea and Man City will be out in front again and Liverpool wont be as strong with CL football. Arsenal HAVE to get stronger.

Spurs and Everton will depend on Thursday night football which is a pest and how they add to their squad.

It wouldn't surprise me if De Boer and Bergkamp are in charge at Emirates next season. Wenger has said he is staying but that could mean in a role upstairs!!

I think we may see a number of changes over the summer with Newcastle, West Ham, Aston Villa, Tottenham, West brom all making changes and it could have a knock on effect for the likes of Hull and Southampton.

I still think Mourinho would have been their best choice followed by Guardiola. But I think Rijkaard is the one they should have looked at, it was him who started Barcelona's great run.

Van Gaal will improve Man Utd from Moyes which wont be hard but I still think the will be in a battle for top 4 position next season. Chelsea and Man City will be out in front again and Liverpool wont be as strong with CL football. Arsenal HAVE to get stronger.

Spurs and Everton will depend on Thursday night football which is a pest and how they add to their squad.

It wouldn't surprise me if De Boer and Bergkamp are in charge at Emirates next season. Wenger has said he is staying but that could mean in a role upstairs!!

I think we may see a number of changes over the summer with Newcastle, West Ham, Aston Villa, Tottenham, West brom all making changes and it could have a knock on effect for the likes of Hull and Southampton.

Mourinho is probably the most unobtainable manager in world football at the moment. Rijkaard :laugh: ? He's just been sacked by Galatasaray and Saudia Arabia and can't get a job because he's useless. It's Guardiola who revolutionised Barca. They ended up being a mess under Rijkaard and in his final season finished below Villareal with a dismal 67 points.

Don't think Van Gaal will be the answer to Man Utds prayers.

Think they could do worse than appoint Giggs to be honest.

they can't take another chance. Three of next season's top four are already nailed on and ManU need to ensure at least a top 4 finish. Giggs couldn't ensure that; VG more or less can.