Must Read article; PLG/Why

If and its a HUGE IF Barry Ferguson wasn't doing as he was told on the pitch, why did PLG NEVER subsitute him during any of the games he was in charge off? And IF he was undermining him, why was BF an automatic choice?

Cammy F

In the article it says after watching a video of ICT game it proved to him and Yves Colleau that Ferguson had played too deep, contrary to instructions. So during the game he probably wanted to think it wasn´t deliberate, think of the game as a whole hoping instructions got through to him.

The St.Mirren game was BF´s last chance in PLG´s book with regard to ignoring instructions. He was then dropped for following game.

Prior to this Ferguson had generally played well, in some games he was immense, this made it more difficult to drop him and probably led to being given another chance v St.Mirren.

I posted a thread in FF about Ferguson in December.

I posed the question, has BF´s motivation this season come from the desire to show who is the most important figure between PLG and himself ?

In the article it says after watching a video of ICT game it proved to him and Yves Colleau that Ferguson had played too deep, contrary to instructions. So during the game he probably wanted to think it wasn�´t deliberate, think of the game as a whole hoping instructions got through to him.

The St.Mirren game was BF�´s last chance in PLG�´s book with regard to ignoring instructions. He was then dropped for following game.

Prior to this Ferguson had generally played well, in some games he was immense, this made it more difficult to drop him and probably led to being given another chance v St.Mirren.

I posted a thread in FF about Ferguson in December.

I posed the question, has BF�´s motivation this season come from the desire to show who is the most important figure between PLG and himself ?

So he came to that conclusion after watching a video of ONE game ....

Cammy F

So he came to that conclusion after watching a video of ONE game ....

Cammy F

Given the background over the preceeding weeks and months which was "difficult" to say the least (so much so that PLG offered his resignation in december).

Thats to say by December it was reaching breaking point.

Press row about captaincey

Players party in Newcastle in which Ferguson went against instructions and let the team drink, arriving at training the next day hungover.

Ferguson was being increasingly open in his disrespect with PLG and the club, so in hindsight it wasn´t a surprise if BF started to go against instructions on the pitch.

The fact that PLG noticed in the video of one game isn´t important.

PLG must have given him another chance probably after a BF denial and then on a repeat performance v St.Mirren BF finaly broke PLG´s patience altogether.

What produced had been simmering for months and had a great deal to do with our poor season. I say the lack of fight and unity in many of the games against the wee teams was caused by dressing room split/ atmosphere.

I defy you to say that this split had nothing to do with our poor season.

That young foreign newcomers like Svenson and Sebo weren´t effected by not only a hostile press but a hostile captain and pals.

That Papac and Letizi, older hands probably couldn´t give a toss about the jersey if this how they were to be treated.

BF should presently be on the transfer list

PLG was for the off anyway, he would have probably gone in the summer.

It´s a damming indictment that our club, more specifically some of our players couldn´t embrace change and take the club foward.

Now our numerous youngsters, such as Fleck, Campbell and Durie know the way the club is going and I hope they don´t take Ferguson as their role model, it´s difficult enough to keep them from temptation but for the drink culture to be endorsed in the senior squad can´t help much.

And who would blame the likes of Fleck if as good as we hope, that he wanted to leave for Arsenal or similar where they take their football seriously.

And you know all of the above is true? Do you work at Murray Park, are you privy to conversations between players, managers, coaches, or are you basing this on rumours, half-truths, and a 'one sided stroy'.

BF not obaying orders isn't the reason we were 17 points behind Craptic, fucked by St Johnstone in the CIS Cup, the first time in our history that we have lost to a lower league side at home in a cup compition. Nor is BF at fault for the fuckin abysmal signings made by PLG, none of whom have shown anything to say that they were worth bringing.

BF DOESN'T tell DM who is the manager or who should be sacked / employed et al. If BF was guilty of all of the above, DM would have rightly, kicked his arse the length of PRW and put him on the transfer list.

Now, what you are implying is that SDM ALLOWED BF to dictate the direction our club is going, are we to seriously believe that? Away and bile yir heid..... Next you'll be telling us that Barry Ferguson is currently advising SDM on who should replace PLG and his 14 DUD signings.....

Cammy F

Is your name Derek and you work down in Stranraer?

You see it one way I see it another.

I repeat

I defy you to say that this split in the dressing room that had BF as shop steward for some of the scots HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR POOR SEASON

Is your name Derek and you work down in Stranraer?

You see it one way I see it another.

I repeat

I defy you to say that this split in the dressing room that had BF as shop steward for some of the scots HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR POOR SEASON

I defy you to say that 14 dud signings HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR POOR SEASON... that is a fact, a dressing room split is 'alledged'....

So, tell us, is BF currently sitting in Murray Towers discussing the merits of WS, AMc et al and any possible signings? Here, was it BF who sactioned the signing of Kenny McDowell this evening?

Cammy F

I defy you to say that 14 dud signings HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR POOR SEASON... that is a fact, a dressing room split is 'alledged'....

So, tell us, is BF currently sitting in Murray Towers discussing the merits of WS, AMc et al and any possible signings? Here, was it BF who sactioned the signing of Kenny McDowell this evening?

Cammy F

Now your being silly Cammy!

So it was a harmoney in the dressing room

Did you read Hemdamis QUOTES

Put a poll up or talk about how good the atmophere must have been at Ibrox next week, you�´ll be laughed at.

BTW

some quotes from ICT match thread

Adam's been quiet, very lazy in my opinion. Feguson had a good 1st half but has disappeared in the second, sionko's also lazy. Clement's the only one in the midfield who gets pass marks.... Jonoger1984

Seriously, Barry Ferguson is the ONLY player we have that is worthy of a Rangers jersey - the rest are the result of Murrays downsizing of ambitions............your good self Cammy F

Guest Bluetooth

This paragraph says it all for me - I have been saying this for months.

"Although Murray resolved to speak to Ferguson, Le Guen was convinced a talking-to would not solve his problems. Things came to a real head after Le Guen and Yves Colleu, his right-hand man, went back over the tape of the Inverness match. A second viewing only served to bolster their belief that Ferguson had deliberately ignored Le Guen's pre-match instructions. The Frenchman wanted Ferguson to play further forward, where he felt his eye for the final pass and ability to get into shooting positions would be more beneficial. Le Guen was happy for Jeremy Clement to sit in front of the defence, bring the ball out and look for Ferguson up-field. The Rangers captain, however, kept running back and taking the ball off Clement's toes, his all-action style certainly not lacking in energy but not at all consistent with his manager's tactics."

Ferguson needed to be playing in the style of Durranty at his best, bursting from midfield and playing in 'the hole' behind the forwards.

He seemed to think he knew better.

I would sell him now.

This paragraph says it all for me - I have been saying this for months.

"Although Murray resolved to speak to Ferguson, Le Guen was convinced a talking-to would not solve his problems. Things came to a real head after Le Guen and Yves Colleu, his right-hand man, went back over the tape of the Inverness match. A second viewing only served to bolster their belief that Ferguson had deliberately ignored Le Guen's pre-match instructions. The Frenchman wanted Ferguson to play further forward, where he felt his eye for the final pass and ability to get into shooting positions would be more beneficial. Le Guen was happy for Jeremy Clement to sit in front of the defence, bring the ball out and look for Ferguson up-field. The Rangers captain, however, kept running back and taking the ball off Clement's toes, his all-action style certainly not lacking in energy but not at all consistent with his manager's tactics."

Ferguson needed to be playing in the style of Durranty at his best, bursting from midfield and playing in 'the hole' behind the forwards.

He seemed to think he knew better.

I would sell him now.

I agree with you BT

This article tells the story from PLG but is the most detailed account to date.

Together with Hemdami�´s account of the dressing room it�´s a damming indictment on whats going on at Ibrox.

PLG isn�´t a man to lie. The fact he could have held out for a 2M pound pay-off but didn�´t preferring to leave with dignity intact says a lot about the man.

Guest Bluetooth

Buster - I found myself screaming at Ferguson at the games for doing what is outlined above.

He can get forward and is dangerous bursting in to the box as was shown when he hit the bar on Sunday and when he missed the sitter against the tims.

Doing it once every five or six games is not enough.

If he wouldn't listen to PLG then Wattie and Coisty are hardly going to have any effect on his listening skills.

Punt him while we can get some money for him and lets wipe the slate clean.

I'm of the opinion we could get rid of them all bar Smith, Hemdani and maybe Clement.

I see AZ are after Buffel (allegedly) - they are no mugs and he will probably do a really good job for them with a run in the team.