Must Read article; PLG/Why

We have been discussing for months and possibly the last 2 years that BF isn't doing what he should be doing, as in not getting forward. We were told that he was a poor wee injured soldier and it was great he was playing at all.

Barry may not have a say on who comes or goes but he was in a position to sabotage the managers tactics

I heard as a joke that Strachan was interested in him but that would be a big chance if he can fuck up our dressing room at the team he supposedly loves,he would really run a mock over there.

I can�´t believe the staunch defence that BF is receiving from many on here.

He is partly responsible for what has happened, which makes us look like a club from the dinosaur age, which in turn will have ambitious footballers avoiding Ibrox unless they�´re only here for the money.

He uses the timothy (radio synde)media(or probably they used him) for his propaganda campaign, poor wee soul was greeting and he wants to be wearing a Rangers top when cremeted (with a Blackburn & a Hamilton top underneath?).

He cuddles up to the sellick boss/lurgan bigot when in open dispute with PLG.

This man should be hounded out of Ibrox, he makes my blood boil.

I'm not a backer of BF but I am a defender against what looks to me to be unfair criticism.

For one thing, if it takes careful watching of a video to realise Barry is playing too deep then how can you say it's deliberate, how the hell does he know without watching the same video? Maybe they needed to quietly show Fergie the video so he can learn from it rather than drop him...

I've actually watched half an hour of the game on Rangers TV after these accusations and didn't notice him cross the half way line to Rangers half except when we were under attack. He mostly sat just on the front of the centre circle and not only that, created five good chances in a row, including a decent shot of his own. If that's playing too deep then I'm bamboozled.

If Barry was a problem then it's up to the manager to use his man management skills to work it out and also get the team playing well so that he himself is above criticism.

If Barry was doing everyone else's job then he's not being a good captain but he's being a good player and the solution would be for the manager to get the other players to do their jobs properly.

I think Bazza was a good player for us but a shit captain, but unfortunately PLG was severely lacking as a manager in the face of adversity.

I'm not a backer of BF but I am a defender against what looks to me to be unfair criticism.

For one thing, if it takes careful watching of a video to realise Barry is playing too deep then how can you say it's deliberate, how the hell does he know without watching the same video? Maybe they needed to quietly show Fergie the video so he can learn from it rather than drop him...

I've actually watched half an hour of the game on Rangers TV after these accusations and didn't notice him cross the half way line to Rangers half except when we were under attack. He mostly sat just on the front of the centre circle and not only that, created five good chances in a row, including a decent shot of his own. If that's playing too deep then I'm bamboozled.

If Barry was a problem then it's up to the manager to use his man management skills to work it out and also get the team playing well so that he himself is above criticism.

If Barry was doing everyone else's job then he's not being a good captain but he's being a good player and the solution would be for the manager to get the other players to do their jobs properly.

I think Bazza was a good player for us but a shit captain, but unfortunately PLG was severely lacking as a manager in the face of adversity.

Why have many people been moaning about him the since he came back then? It is not about one game it is 2 or3 years I do not see as many full games as most but the games i do see plus the highlights, i have seen the same thing. Barry pick up the ball turn ,turn turn and hey 10 players behind the ball. Yes when he does get into a forward position he is dangerous but it does not happen often enough. Last year all his supporters gave the excuse, yes but the defence can't pass(Possibly the same people that are wanting Andrews back):rolleyes:This year we had Hemdani and Clement who can both pass and still Barry is picking the ball up from our defence.

Also when he loses the ball watch the pace he has when he jogs back. It is good the TV camera's pan out or you would see the worms overtake him.

The defence are then forced to make a decision on who to mark the midfielder who is running at them or the striker who they should be watching.

That split second indecision makes them look at fault as they are caught in between. Watch for that believe me.

He is not to Blame for the defence being pish at high balls and crosses by the way.

Hark back to when Jean Alain Boumsong was a Ranger...a time when Barry Ferguson was at Blackburn Rovers. Now in his time at Rangers Boumsong looked a real classy defender, assured on the ball...but how many times did you see him try to play it out of defence before resorting to the long punt up the park? Why? Because no midfielder at that time was making themselves available to receive the ball. He even said so himself. If you wish to build from the back invariably you need a midfielder to drop back to receive the ball so maintaining a solid defensive line ( unless you want to play with a sweeper ). In this instance the other midfielder should push slightly furthur forward as well as the 2 full backs so giving the 'playmaker' options when he wishes to pass.

Therefore could it be that other players are failing to carry out their duties and not just Barry's fault?? The niggling injuries have taking their toll on Barry. He's not going to be a box to box midfielder like Frank Lampard and chip in with 20 goals again, more a Paul McStay type midfielder. To be honest, on the few occassions when he was absent earliar in the season and the team was playing through Thomas Buffel I thought they played a better game.

Malky

Hark back to when Jean Alain Boumsong was a Ranger...a time when Barry Ferguson was at Blackburn Rovers. Now in his time at Rangers Boumsong looked a real classy defender, assured on the ball...but how many times did you see him try to play it out of defence before resorting to the long punt up the park? Why? Because no midfielder at that time was making themselves available to receive the ball. He even said so himself. If you wish to build from the back invariably you need a midfielder to drop back to receive the ball so maintaining a solid defensive line ( unless you want to play with a sweeper ). In this instance the other midfielder should push slightly furthur forward as well as the 2 full backs so giving the 'playmaker' options when he wishes to pass.

Therefore could it be that other players are failing to carry out their duties and not just Barry's fault?? The niggling injuries have taking their toll on Barry. He's not going to be a box to box midfielder like Frank Lampard and chip in with 20 goals again, more a Paul McStay type midfielder. To be honest, on the few occassions when he was absent earliar in the season and the team was playing through Thomas Buffel I thought they played a better game.

Malky

I agree with a lot of what you are saying here Malky but i don't think Boumsong would have been happy with Barry standing on his toes. We need a good midfielder

Why does Barry F have to turn, turn, turn? Is it because he wants to? Or maybe its because he has no options. Countless times this season I have seen BF burst forward then have to turn or pass the ball back as he nobody makes decent moves for him.

In fact, a few times this season, he has been the furtherest player forward. It is no coincidence that BF's finest performances for Rangers were when we played with mobile, skillfull and decent forwards - the days of Mols, RDB and CC - players who would pass and move, take defenders away, hold the ball up and play one-twos with BF.

Now, all BF has in front of him is Prso who doesn't play that often. Boyd (rightly or wrongly) is only interested when the ball is in the box and can trap a ball further than I can kick, Novo who gives his all but doesn't have the intelligence to take defenders away, or the hapless Sebo who looks like a junior player.

As for my 'staunch' defence of BF - it is only because he is the best player we have and one of the best midfield players in Britain. We would be a poorer team without him.

BTW, you don't have to like BF to admit that he is a top class player - can't say that I'd pick him as a friend, or even go for a pint with him, but can still see that hes the best we have at the moment

Cammy F

Why does Barry F have to turn, turn, turn? Is it because he wants to? Or maybe its because he has no options. Countless times this season I have seen BF burst forward then have to turn or pass the ball back as he nobody makes decent moves for him.

In fact, a few times this season, he has been the furtherest player forward. It is no coincidence that BF's finest performances for Rangers were when we played with mobile, skillfull and decent forwards - the days of Mols, RDB and CC - players who would pass and move, take defenders away, hold the ball up and play one-twos with BF.

Now, all BF has in front of him is Prso who doesn't play that often. Boyd (rightly or wrongly) is only interested when the ball is in the box and can trap a ball further than I can kick, Novo who gives his all but doesn't have the intelligence to take defenders away, or the hapless Sebo who looks like a junior player.

As for my 'staunch' defence of BF - it is only because he is the best player we have and one of the best midfield players in Britain. We would be a poorer team without him.

BTW, you don't have to like BF to admit that he is a top class player - can't say that I'd pick him as a friend, or even go for a pint with him, but can still see that hes the best we have at the moment

Cammy F

Very good post mate. Hard to disagree with any of that.