Must Read article; PLG/Why

If that were his only problems he would still be in a job today with the chance in january to rectify those problems.

His problems were in the dressing room. That is where he lost out.

Murray chose the short term remedy again.

I agree

The dressing room got away from him

This was a contributory factor in much of the other things that went wrong, especially games against the wee teams where fight and attitude were required.

I agree

The dressing room got away from him

This had a contributory factor in much of the other things that went wrong, especially games against the wee teams where fight and attitude were required.

Agreed if there is unrest in the dressing room then it affects all aspects of the game. We did have weaknesses on the field but we saw when we did fight together we really were'nt that bad a team

Agreed if there is unrest in the dressing room then it affects all aspects of the game. We did have weaknesses on the field but we saw when we did fight together we really were'nt that bad a team

It´s the saddest time for me in 34 years of supporting Rangers.

I thought DM had acted with long-term vision in appointing PLG but erred in not giving him a 8-12M budget in his first year to re-build a poor team.

The worst thing about it was that it was our own players who refused to change and for that reason we are back to the old times.

WS, especially if he does the scotland job aswell doesn´t fill me with confidence, maybe short-term he can fire-fight.

News this weekend that Webster was injured in training before playing a game and that we may be looking to spend over a million on a 30 year-old (Hartley) makes me feel as I´ve made a backward journey in time.

depressed loyal

Agree again Buster, i have been supporting Rangers for 40 plus years and i can honestly say this is the biggest tragedy that i have witnessed(football wise)

The day a player can undermine a manager and get away with it is a sad day.

The great Bill Struth must be spinning in his grave.

So it was boyd and fergusons fault all along eh? The foreign section at Ibrox all managed to cope pretty well with the home grown players before leguen turned up so why did they kick off now?

no mention of the poor quality players he brough in and no mention of the 4231 formation that failed miserably. Didnt explain either why he was outwitted on the park tactically by almost every manager in the SPL. was this down to Fergie and boyd too?

PLG points the finger at everyone else but himself and has the bare faced cheek to blame the scottish players for the poor quality of his own buys. Hes having a bloody laugh! And as for the games he quoted , I was at one and watched the other on Tv. If it wasnt for ferguson going to get the ball we wouldnt have gotten over the half way line as there wasnt anyone caple of seeing a pass in defence never mind make one.

PLG is painting himself out as a real innocent here and i for one am not swallowing that for a minute. hes the one carrying the can and hes the one to blame.

Got to agree with this. I'm not point all the blame at PLG but no matter what problems are at a club, the manager is there to solve them. PLG failed as a manager in this respect.

He signed about 14 players. If he wanted a team to follow his instructions he should have sign 11 that were good enough to pick in the team and beat a load of other teams with lesser players and managers of less repute.

His buys were terrible and although he only spent 3M, there are rumours he had a lot more in the kitty, and with 6 months to do his research at the expense of Canal+ he should have been able to spot a few bargains.

Hearts aren't exactly matching our spending, yet they are pretty much as good as us even though they have a bunch of crap Lithuanians in their squad and the team is picked by an owner of no managerial ability while ridding the squad of some very good Scottish players.

That a much vaunted manager like PLG is not streets ahead of the likes of Romonov must be incredibly embarrassing for him.

Maybe Le Guen thought he could change Ibrox overnight but even the most naive of us realise that there will be resistance to change, and when performance is not allowed to dip while things sort themselves out you have to implement gradual change.

You also have to see potential problems and nip them in the bud.

In retrospect if he wanted to reduce the status of the captaincy he could have experimented with it when he came, giving it to different players. No-one can complain when a new managers selects his own captain - and if you think about it, it is the first thing you should do in any new football manager's job.

You can let the players earn it.

I thought DM had acted with long-term vision in appointing PLG but erred in not giving him a 8-12M budget in his first year to re-build a poor team.

Got to agree with this. It's the old clich�© of buying a Ferrari and not putting any petrol in the tank...

If we'd spent 10-12M on 7 or 8 first team players that were better than the present squad then any dressing room problems would have his full ownership and he could drop any of the old guard he didn't like.

Comes down to the same common denominator, SDM.

If he�´d been allowed 10-12M in 1st year then the following years the amount would probably lessen

eg. season 2 & 3 - 4-5Million.

The reason behind this could short termism on DM�´s part because he�´s going to sell up and didn�´t want the debt increased this season.

DM needed to spend or go.

He�´s now created a huge problem.

This could be another failure of the manager, when Smith wanted money, he could persuade the chairman, when Advocaat wanted to break the bank, the chairman seen it his way, when Eck wanted the Boumsong money he got it despite it being a time of high debt.

I'm sure if PLG thought he really needed to spend, with his reputation he could quite easily have persuaded SDM to release decent sum of cash withing responsible fiscal limits.

Or perhaps persuasion is not one of his strengths. But I think he was cocky enough to think he could do the job without spending and he was dead wrong.

I'm not defending SDM here but I do know he's been a pushover before and while that will never happen again, I don't doubt he will listen to someone who speaks good business sense.

If and its a HUGE IF Barry Ferguson wasn't doing as he was told on the pitch, why did PLG NEVER subsitute him during any of the games he was in charge off? And IF he was undermining him, why was BF an automatic choice?

Cammy F