Must Read article; PLG/Why

The club have decided that they don�´t want to go down the route of the more continental/professional approach but return to the old way.

I mentioned this very thing in a post the other day and this, for me, is the single most worrying aspect.

We can blame PLG and we can blame DM all we like but until the players become more professional then they have to take responsibility as well.

e.g. Some have liked the response of Kris Boyd after his goal the other day (his salute to "6") and that is fine - however, it is subordination of your manager. How many of us would be reprimanded in our job for doing the same ? Most, if not all, I would suggest.

I am saddened because although things weren't going as we wanted performance wise and results wise I still think PLG could, and would, have taken us in a new, more professional, more continental route and that, given time, we would have been a team and a club where all the others in Scotland chased and aspired to.

We complained that Eck simply took MON's tactics and copied him, yet here we had a guy that at least TRIED his own tactics (yes they failed short-term but who is to know that given the right personnel and the team having time to learn the tactics that they wouldn't have been very successful) ??

No matter what, we need to get behind the team - but I for one still have a sinking feeling that this is most definitely an opportunity lost.

The sacking/resignation of PLG is a step backwards for our club I believe.

I accept that the normal and sensible thing to do is put it behind us and look to the future.

However, for me this week is /could be a huge turning point for our club.

The club have decided that they don�´t want to go down the route of the more continental/professional approach but return to the old way.

The motivation for this change in route being proactive action and the lack of by members of the playing staff.

Le Guens project may or may not have worked in the long term but I feel a great saddness that it wasn�´t given a chance due to "professionals" at our club who refused to embrace change.

Put it to bed, we must. But you must understand the level of discontent within a section of our support.

I do, but that is just one side of the story - in another media outlet today, they are reporting that PLG was sacked as he was unwilling to pledge his future to Rangers beyond the summer. In the same article, it was reported that Murray BACKED PLG over Fergie and asked PLG to pledge his future to Rangers. When he didn't DM sacked PLG saying that it was better to leave now and not in the summer.

Anothger report claims that DM didn't back PLG and that over 90% of the current squad weren't happy with tactics, results, being asked to play out of position. Others claim that the 3 main instigators in the dressing room were Fergie, Boyd and Prso - some claim there wasn't any urest.

During WS first time in charge, there was MAJOR dressing room unrest - players were fighting with each other most days in training and some of this boliled over into games (McCoist & Gazza in a League Cup Final v Hearts at The Towers) - however, WS turned this into a positive and managed to get the best out of the players (TIAR season apart).

All clubs have 'dressing room unrest' - all clubs have players falling out (Cole and Yorke at Man U as an example - they refused to talk to each other, but by fook were they a potent strike force) - all clubs have players fighting in training - its part of football. We are not alone in this (Lemmon and McGready fighting on the pitch at EEP - a side issue, but how many Tims or the media wanted Lennon punished of his brutality?).

Cammy F

I do, but that is just one side of the story - in another media outlet today, they are reporting that PLG was sacked as he was unwilling to pledge his future to Rangers beyond the summer. In the same article, it was reported that Murray BACKED PLG over Fergie and asked PLG to pledge his future to Rangers. When he didn't DM sacked PLG saying that it was better to leave now and not in the summer.

Anothger report claims that DM didn't back PLG and that over 90% of the current squad weren't happy with tactics, results, being asked to play out of position. Others claim that the 3 main instigators in the dressing room were Fergie, Boyd and Prso - some claim there wasn't any urest.

During WS first time in charge, there was MAJOR dressing room unrest - players were fighting with each other most days in training and some of this boliled over into games (McCoist & Gazza in a League Cup Final v Hearts at The Towers) - however, WS turned this into a positive and managed to get the best out of the players (TIAR season apart).

All clubs have 'dressing room unrest' - all clubs have players falling out (Cole and Yorke at Man U as an example - they refused to talk to each other, but by fook were they a potent strike force) - all clubs have players fighting in training - its part of football. We are not alone in this (Lemmon and McGready fighting on the pitch at EEP - a side issue, but how many Tims or the media wanted Lennon punished of his brutality?).

Cammy F

I take your point mate.

Problems between players has and will always be part of football.

However this was players against

1. The manager/coaching staff

2. A change in football culture toward the continental.

For me an unforgivable act by some of the players at our club.

This was a change (PLG intro) that the chairman had decided upon and one of the few decisions of DM that I have applauded.

With regard to the media

Whatever your take on what happened, there is no disputing the problems in the dressing room (Read Hemdmai/direct quotes in SOS) and that they had a direct bearing on outcome.

I take your point mate.

Problems between players has and will always be part of football.

However this was players against

1. The manager/coaching staff

2. A change in football culture toward the continental.

For me an unforgivable act by some of the players at our club.

This was a change (PLG intro) that the chairman had decided upon and one of the few decisions of DM that I have applauded.

With regard to the media

Whatever your take on what happened, there is no disputing the problems in the dressing room (Read Hemdmai/direct quotes in SOS) and that they had a direct bearing on outcome.

As did PLG's unwillingness to pledge his future to Rangers beyond the summer - hardly in it for the long term was he?

Cammy F

What do you think was at the root of his unwillingness, if true ?

I don't know - I am neither privy to a private conversation, neither do I want to specualte as to what the reasons were. I dare say we'll read about them in the media for the next few days tho.

Cammy F

I don't know - I am neither privy to a private conversation, neither do I want to specualte as to what the reasons were. I dare say we'll read about them in the media for the next few days tho.

Cammy F

I think we will read many a different version with different endings in the Mhedia.... that is for sure!

I havent read the article but i doubt if he mentioned

1 his shite tactics

2 his shite formation (4 2 3 1 or what ever the fuck it was!)

3 his shite man management

4 being outwitted by every manager in the bottom half of the league

5 being completely out of his depth

6 totally underestimating the SPL

7 totally over estimating the squad he inherited

8 that all his summer buys were duds

Before PLG starts to point the finger at anyone he should have a right good look at himself and the part he played in his own demise at Ibrox. He may think his reputation is intact at the moment but i doubt hell be so arrogant and big headed the next time he touts his arse around europe looking for a job.

I havent read the article but i doubt if he mentioned

1 his shite tactics

2 his shite formation (4 2 3 1 or what ever the fuck it was!)

3 his shite man management

4 being outwitted by every manager in the bottom half of the league

5 being completely out of his depth

6 totally underestimating the SPL

7 totally over estimating the squad he inherited

8 that all his summer buys were duds

Before PLG starts to point the finger at anyone he should have a right good look at himself and the part he played in his own demise at Ibrox. He may think his reputation is intact at the moment but i doubt hell be so arrogant and big headed the next time he touts his arse around europe looking for a job.

Try reading these 2 mate.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com...fm?id=32712007

http://sport.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=63&id=33262007

What I would say is that he should have been allowed the chance to complete his project.

What I find unacceptable is that because some of the players didn�´t want the continental way they created an atmosphere in which it was very difficult to work.

Them and us attitudes between scots and the rest don�´t fill youngsters in a strange country with confidence eg. Svensson.

So the failings, of which PLG isn�´t blameless have a lot to do with the players petty attitudes. They didn�´t like extra training etc., FFS and how much do they get paid !!