Terrible argument. The better the team perform (ie playing better football with higher passing completion rate, more creative attacks, dynamic play etc) the more successful they will likely be.

While we are on the subject of terrible arguments I must ask why you didn't mention goals?

I don't see the issue here.

Yes, it's expensive but there's always a slight premium when it comes to comparing with season ticket price.

I don't see the issue here either but I beg to differ on one point; which is that it has always been MORE expensive to buy a ST pro rata than go game to game, something I have never understood. Charging 5%-8% more for a single match ticket for Cat B and + another 15% or so for Cat A is sensible pricing in my eyes.

Whether football in this country is too expensive, which it is, is a different argument altogether.

Generally speaking, I think £20 for 90mins entertainment isn't too bad, all in all.

Is the product worth it? Hmmm, I'm not sure but it's the going rate so not a surprise.

Could RFC be more innovative by say halving the prices? Possibly but I doubt the crowds would double so they're probably offering the price-point they think will maximise return. C'est la vie.

I think what they could and perhaps should do is offer cheaper family ticket prices and look to hand out 5000 tickets to schools for some home matches.

Clubs like Stranraer and Berwick in the lower divisions have tried giving out free tickets with no success; doubt it would work for us except fill the place with sceeaming weans!

Rangers have been innovative on family and junior pricing, more such innitiatives would be welcome.

Really that's bizarre...

It is indeed bizarre but as I said it's been like that for years.

In 2011/12 my ST for the MRE was £550 = £29/game; single tickets were £25 or £26 if I recall.

I think the reasoning was that you were guaranteed your seat and had first shout on cup ties etc but it was never justified in my opinion.

BTW first time I've agree with DT :facepalm: albeit on an matter of fact rather than something subjective.