The unquestioningly loyal will stump up - no questions asked.

Having done so, they will expect others to follow suit, but many are starting to wonder about their attendance at Ibrox. Is it worth the effort and cost? Live streams are not difficult to find for clued-up fans.

Tickets can be picked up outside Ibrox on the day for Old Firm games. The cost - over £40 - and inconvenient kick-off times have put people off. £50 tickets are a real possibility for this fixture next season. More will choose not to pay when the initial excitement of the return of this contest wanes.

Football is getting outrageously expensive and it's hard to justify paying serious money to sit through and hour and a half of monotony and tedium. You don't believe me? Look around. Even the diehards are transfixed by their smartphones. Latest scores, betting latest, social life arrangements, gossip and news stories attract people in a way that this Rangers team does not.

Many stopped going to Ibrox because they were bored, but those who are still present appear to be bored too. Is this sustainable when prices are rising again and we're in the second division?

My fear is that loyalty is on the way out. My observation is that people increasingly want something back for their money, and they aren't getting it at Ibrox.

I want Rangers to have a great future, but more than ever now, I understand why this is unlikely to happen. The unquestioningly loyal will accept any old junk, but the discerning want a return.

How dare they.

The unquestioningly loyal will stump up - no questions asked.

Having done so, they will expect others to follow suit, but many are starting to wonder about their attendance at Ibrox. Is it worth the effort and cost? Live streams are not difficult to find for clued-up fans.

Tickets can be picked up outside Ibrox on the day for Old Firm games. The cost - over £40 - and inconvenient kick-off times have put people off. £50 tickets are a real possibility for this fixture next season. More will choose not to pay when the initial excitement of the return of this contest wanes.

Football is getting outrageously expensive and it's hard to justify paying serious money to sit through and hour and a half of monotony and tedium. You don't believe me? Look around. Even the diehards are transfixed by their smartphones. Latest scores, betting latest, social life arrangements, gossip and news stories attract people in a way that this Rangers team does not.

Many stopped going to Ibrox because they were bored, but those who are still present appear to be bored too. Is this sustainable when prices are rising again and we're in the second division?

My fear is that loyalty is on the way out. My observation is that people increasingly want something back for their money, and they aren't getting it at Ibrox.

I want Rangers to have a great future, but more than ever now, I understand why this is unlikely to happen. The unquestioningly loyal will accept any old junk, but the discerning want a return.

How dare they.

Well, count me amongst the loyal but not unquestioningly so.

It is true that when you had 7 old firm games in a season Rangers struggled to sell tickets for the cup tie and last league game and some serious thought will have to be given to pricing. In recent years much of the premium has been tit for tat because of vandalism and it's time the vandalism and increased pricing stopped all round.

Looking at the table, I would expect + about 20% for the SPL (which would take the ST's back to where they were in 2011/12), and if the differentials are maintained then one would hope there might be tickets for say £25 up to say £40 for an old firm game.

You are right that the football in the past two seasons in particular has oftentimes been difficult to watch but I think we will see a big improvement this season and again next year.

I'm not sure that the Board get it, but I think Wallace does.

Whether Ally can turn better and hopefully fitter (and why don't they train twice a day every day or at least come back in for set plays & tactics inthe afternoon?) players into better team performances remains to be seen.

But you're right, I'll be there regardless, that's what loyalty's about as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know what you are arguing about on price, since you have said you're not going on a matter of principle (or two matters of principle) anyway.

So will you abandon your principles if the price is right or only for Celtic games next season?

No I merely seek to point out an affect the change may have.

Well, count me amongst the loyal but not unquestioningly so.

It is true that when you had 7 old firm games in a season Rangers struggled to sell tickets for the cup tie and last league game and some serious thought will have to be given to pricing. In recent years much of the premium has been tit for tat because of vandalism and it's time the vandalism and increased pricing stopped all round.

Looking at the table, I would expect + about 20% for the SPL (which would take the ST's back to where they were in 2011/12), and if the differentials are maintained then one would hope there might be tickets for say £25 up to say £40 for an old firm game.

You are right that the football in the past two seasons in particular has oftentimes been difficult to watch but I think we will see a big improvement this season and again next year.

I'm not sure that the Board get it, but I think Wallace does.

Whether Ally can turn better and hopefully fitter (and why don't they train twice a day every day or at least come back in for set plays & tactics inthe afternoon?) players into better team performances remains to be seen.

But you're right, I'll be there regardless, that's what loyalty's about as far as I'm concerned.

If they use the table for old firm games it will be a huge surprise.

If they use the table for old firm games it will be a huge surprise.

Well, there's no doubt that an old firm match is in a category of its own; question is do they make that Cat A or AA?

For the moment, however, getting there is the first issue.

I don't see the issue here.

Yes, it's expensive but there's always a slight premium when it comes to comparing with season ticket price.

With regard to the price point in a general sense, football may be getting more expensive but so is everything else and cost is just one part of the decision we make. It's just up to RFC to offer value for money.