It really depends what our opposition are like, but for playing against certain teams where Ally's prepared to play a very attacking line-up, then something like this could potentially be lethal:

Bell

Faure - Halkett - Zaliukas - Smith

Black

McKay - MacLeod - Templeton

Boyd - Miller

I think the first choice XI will be:

Bell

Foster | Zalikuas | AN Other| Wallace

Aird | Law | Black | Macleod

Miller | Boyd

Depending on the opposition/venue, Boyd may start on the bench; being replaced by Templeton to enable Macleod to play more centrally.

I put McGregor in at RB more than hope than expectation based on last night but I'm sure you are right that if fit foster will be the starting RB and McGregor will be cover for the same positions as Faure which seems silly to me. I am sure that we would not have signed him if we had known Zaliukas was on the way.

So I agree your team!

Also regret to say that I agree we may well go 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 on occasions with any one of Templeton, Shiels, Clark, McKay (hopefully) in the No. 10 role or McLeod as you suggest.

His line up against Derby will be interesting but Im convinced McCulloch will play, and he will waste Macleod on the wings although he still performs on either side.

Ally's been taking a lot of stick for playing MacLeod out left and it hasn't impressed me myself most of the time either, but I'm starting to wonder if it might actually be improving MacLeod as a player because the best number tens should be able to play wide comfortably, but mix it up by drifting into more central areas to find space and create passes.

Ally's been taking a lot of stick for playing MacLeod out left and it hasn't impressed me myself most of the time either, but I'm starting to wonder if it might actually be improving MacLeod as a player because the best number tens should be able to play wide comfortably, but mix it up by drifting into more central areas to find space and create passes.

He is still the stand out player in the wide areas so if he plays there we know he will still do a good job, but if we can blend Templeton and another in with him and have Law and Black centrally then MacLeod could almost have a free role and rotate with Templeton. Its good options for the manager yet a flat 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 is what I expect.

Fair point, remember a certain Juan Román Riquelme!

4-4-2 is a must. It's ancient history in a world wide context but it's what we should play.

I liked the 4-2-3-1 a lot of teams were playing in the WC:

Bell

Foster/McGregor; Zaliukas; Mohsni; Wallace;

Black; McCulloch (Hutton);

Aird (Templeton); Law; McLeod;

Miller

using Ally's choice of player rather than my own.

I'd go 4-3-3

Bell

RB huge problem I'd try the young lad Murdoch there

CB Real lack of quality here - a crap shoot IMO - that is why it keeps changing - I'd try Mcgregor and Moshni.

LB Wallace picks himself , smith is OK back up.

Law -Black-McLeod I'd also try out Peralta with Law moved to the centre.

Templeton-Boyd-Miller