Wouldn't fancy Longmuir, period.

I don't believe him to be a strong enough character or that he'd represent value for money. This at a time when if you don't add value then you shouldn't be there.

He does give me the impression of someone who will do what he is told and not rock any boats aslong as he gets his money.

Aslong as the powerbase remains the same at Ibrox, the rest is decoration.

Longmuir is nobody's yes man. Some of his proposals went against his own SFL clubs if you recall.

Longmuir is nobody's yes man. Some of his proposals went against his own SFL clubs if you recall.

He is if you are paying him.

He strikes me as the type who would be willing to front the sp.ivs for the right price.

Scott Gardener wouldn't.

He is if you are paying him.

He strikes me as the type who would be willing to front the sp.ivs for the right price.

Scott Gardener wouldn't.

I was in several meetings with him, Doncaster and Regan and also met him one-to-one.

He stood against the Doncaster/Regan axis on a number of occasions and ultimately it cost him his job.

So I beg to differ.

I was in several meetings with him, Doncaster and Regan and also met him one-to-one.

He stood against the Doncaster/Regan axis on a number of occasions and ultimately it cost him his job.

So I beg to differ.

I don't buy that supposed standing-up to anyone cost him his job.

He went because the SFL ceased to exist and he wasn't unhappy to walk with a handsome pay-off.

I don't buy that supposed standing-up to anyone cost him his job.

He went because the SFL ceased to exist and he wasn't unhappy to walk with a handsome pay-off.

That's not correct.

For a short period he was joint CEO of the new League and then lost out in a head to head interview with Doncaster; which given where he was coming from and his stance on certain matters was always going to be the case.

He got a pay off commensurate with his contract or more in recognition of his service.

That's not correct.

For a short period he was joint CEO of the new League and then lost out in a head to head interview with Doncaster; which given where he was coming from and his stance on certain matters was always going to be the case.

He got a pay off commensurate with his contract or more in recognition of his service.

Fair enough but a blind man could see it was always headed in that direction so in good part what I said still applies.

It's almost as if any 'interviews' were part justification for Doncaster to take up what was a similar role.

Do you know who carried out the interviews ?

Fair enough but a blind man could see it was always headed in that direction so in good part what I said still applies.

It's almost as if any 'interviews' were part justification for Doncaster to take up what was a similar role.

Do you know who carried out the interviews ?

I agree that the interviews were a sham; there was no chance that Longmuir would get the job.

I think the interviewers were a three man panel from the enlarged SPFL Board which was Duncan Fraser (Aberdeen), Eric Riley (Celtic), Stephen Thompson (Dundee United), Les Gray (Hamilton), Mike Mulraney (Alloa) and Bill Darroch (Stenhousemuir). Exactly which three I don't know but think it was Fraser, Riley and Darroch.