Not quite sure what David Longmuir's role would be at the club and am not quite sure either why his being spotted at Derby is an indication that we are going to hire him. Right now,, there are two vacancies that Mr Wallace has on his "to do" list. A director of football and more importantly, someone to head up the club''s scouting requirements. It has all gone quiet on these two fronts, which is disappointing.

The spfl did the right thing with us. The only thing they sensibly could do.

If the spl wanted us back soon they should have had the balls to not demote us.

Well the SPL should not have allowed the clubs to vote us out then should they?

Hibz went newco in 1991 and didn't get voted out the top division then did they?

Gw is actively trying to add 2 more board members , Longmuir would be a fantastic addition , but what role he would take up is another matter

If he were to get the CCO gig expect a deluge of email "evidence" from the dark side attempting to discredit him.

Fingers already sitting on the submit button.

I wouldn't fancy Longmuir in one of the executive roles.

As a director, yes, his experience would be useful but I'd hope we'd be able to find a stronger candidate for the COO job.

I wouldn't fancy Longmuir in one of the executive roles.

As a director, yes, his experience would be useful but I'd hope we'd be able to find a stronger candidate for the COO job.

Wouldn't fancy Longmuir, period.

I don't believe him to be a strong enough character or that he'd represent value for money. This at a time when if you don't add value then you shouldn't be there.

He does give me the impression of someone who will do what he is told and not rock any boats aslong as he gets his money.

Aslong as the powerbase remains the same at Ibrox, the rest is decoration.

If he was appointed to a prominent position at Rangers, he would be seen as an improvement on whoever he replaced.

He is apparently a Rangers fan so he'd be in a minority of one if he was made a director. The thing is, though, anyone joining this current lot will likely become tainted quite quickly.

If he joined and was a success, I would hope that he'd make it his business to clean out the SFA/SPFL in ruthless fashion and step up our influence.

If he was able to engineer the removal of some of the leading lights there, he would certainly be awarded more than a few brownie points.

Manager, you mean? ;)