Thank you.

I don't want to get involved in this debate and respect your right to your opinion about the current conflict which you have obvioulsy researched thoroughly, although I disagree with it. That is for the other thread.

However, I do want to echo dB's comments that saying that "the Israelis have learned from the original nazis " who sent 6 million Jews to the gas chambers and killed about half that number of Russians in captivity and in excess of 200,000 Roma gypsies many of whom (as well as the Jews) were subjected to the infamous experiments of Josef Mengele at Auschwitz, is a quite nauseating remark.

Sometimes 'truth' or a 'reasonably accurate analogy' is uncomfortable for or perceived as nauseating by an individual.

In this particular case, I find the ongoing slaughter of thousands of innocents and efforts to deflect blame as 'nauseating'.

I certainly can't understand any objective and rational person who was quite obviously and rightly disgusted by what the Jews suffered back in the day, not being disgusted at what is happening to innocent people in Gaza.

Edited by buster.

and despite the fact that we all agreed to move to the other thread, you couldn't resist just one more wee dig on htis one, could you?

Maybe the reason you find the comparison nauseating is because you know fuck all about what the Israelis actually do in the occupied territories - quite apart from what we've witnessed over this past month? The only difference between the old nazis and the new nazis, other than ethnicity, is organisation and opportunity.

My comment, as I made clear, was not about the whys and wherefors of the current conflict.

I strongly disagree with what the Israelis are doing now but your analogy and categorisation of them as "new nazis" is terrifyingly inaccurate.

That said, I certainly will desist form any further comment.

My comment, as I made clear, was not about the whys and wherefors of the current conflict.

I strongly disagree with what the Israelis are doing now but your analogy and categorisation of them as "new nazis" is terrifyingly inaccurate.

That said, I certainly will desist form any further comment.

Israel have been carrying out a slow-burning genocide of the Palestinians and their land for some time now and as walls and improved technology 'control' the terrorist threat from Hamas, they can become more hardline. What is "terrifying" is the relative silence of others who should be holding them accountable.