I don't know how much WW2 history you studied in the DDR, but ...

Enough, rest assured. And especially about Nazi war crimes. I leave it there though and will not defend the indefensible actions of the Israelis or the Palestinians. The are reasons for their conflict, likening them to the genocide done by the Nazis is not appropriate though.

I am very uncomfortable with the politicising of football in general and our Club in particular, whether it be in respect of national flags, the independence debate or the Orange Order.

I can see the relevance of the independence debate to the Israeli situation but don't see the connection between the Orange Order and the OP.

Would there be any merit in suggesting that those who wish to debate Independence or the Orange Order do so in separate threads in the Lounge?

If you'll notice a few posts above yours we had already agreed to voluntarily suspend our discussion due to other posters' advice. No need to go overboard.

The banner wagger must be a mate of Lennon's. If you blow up the picture you'll see the bhoy himself just across the aisle.

(This is a light-hearted post not intended to support or oppose or hold up to scorn or ridicule any political or religious faction or group or any individual or associates or friends of such individual)

yes, apologies.

Anyone wanting a square go knows where I'll be ;)

Thank you.

I don't want to get involved in this debate and respect your right to your opinion about the current conflict which you have obvioulsy researched thoroughly, although I disagree with it. That is for the other thread.

However, I do want to echo dB's comments that saying that "the Israelis have learned from the original nazis " who sent 6 million Jews to the gas chambers and killed about half that number of Russians in captivity and in excess of 200,000 Roma gypsies many of whom (as well as the Jews) were subjected to the infamous experiments of Josef Mengele at Auschwitz, is a quite nauseating remark.

yes, apologies.

Anyone wanting a square go knows where I'll be ;)

I'll see your square go and raise you a Full Monty breakfast eat off, Your square sausage,plus links, tattie scones, black pudding, fruit pudding, bacon beans fried eggs, toast. Bring it on lol

Thank you.

I don't want to get involved in this debate and respect your right to your opinion about the current conflict which you have obvioulsy researched thoroughly, although I disagree with it. That is for the other thread.

However, I do want to echo dB's comments that saying that "the Israelis have learned from the original nazis " who sent 6 million Jews to the gas chambers and killed about half that number of Russians in captivity and in excess of 200,000 Roma gypsies many of whom (as well as the Jews) were subjected to the infamous experiments of Josef Mengele at Auschwitz, is a quite nauseating remark.

and despite the fact that we all agreed to move to the other thread, you couldn't resist just one more wee dig on htis one, could you?

Maybe the reason you find the comparison nauseating is because you know fuck all about what the Israelis actually do in the occupied territories - quite apart from what we've witnessed over this past month? The only difference between the old nazis and the new nazis, other than ethnicity, is organisation and opportunity.