BILEL MOHSNI admits it could be difficult for him to get back into the Rangers team after he served a suspension for his recent red card in the friendly at Derby County.

The Tunisian defender was banned for two games following his headbutt on Rams player Chris Martin in the 2-0 loss at the iPro Stadium.

Mohsni has apologised for his actions against Steve McClaren’s men and concedes he was stupid to react to a heavy challenge from the striker the way he did.

Now he’s free to play again and could come into the reckoning for Friday’s trip to play Falkirk in the SPFL Championship.

Lee McCulloch, Marius Zaliukas and Darren McGregor have all featured in central defence during Mohsni’s absence.

And although there were no clean sheets against Hibernian or Hearts, the former Southend player knows he could still have slipped further down the pecking order.

He said: “I was very, very upset with myself at Derby and I acted stupidly. When we gave the second goal away it was my fault and I didn’t defend well after.

“It wasn’t about their player who tackled me. It was more about myself and I reacted badly. I’m very sorry to the fans and my team-mates about that.

“Hopefully I can come back into the side but one of the problems when you get suspended is other players can do well in your place.

“If they get into the manager’s head, he could put them first so all I can do is train hard and try to win my place.

“If I get my chance, I will do my best to show I am worthy of it and attempt to keep it for the rest of the season.

“Of course, I had suspensions last season and I don’t want any more. I need to keep my temper, stay cool and make sure I don’t get sent off again.

“It is very hard for me to be off the pitch when games are taking place and I would rather be on it so I will do my best to stay involved.”

Mohsni realises opposition players will likely target him during matches in an attempt to draw the same sort of response as the one he displayed at County.

But he is adamant he’ll stay calm under pressure and added: “I will keep what happened in my mind because I know all the players in our league will try to wind me up.

“They might kick me or elbow me but I will be ready for that and I will try just to defend well and keep clean sheets, score if I can and win games for Rangers.

“I know players do that all the time but I didn’t expect it in a friendly game. I want to show everyone I can do better than I did at Derby.”

Everyone else's fault bar his.

The antithesis of a professional football player.

Can we not resurrect that half million "offer" from the Middle East?

what are you on about !

this is what Mohsni said

He said: “I was very, very upset with myself at Derby and I acted stupidly. When we gave the second goal away it was my fault and I didn’t defend well after.

“It wasn’t about their player who tackled me. It was more about myself and I reacted badly. I’m very sorry to the fans and my team-mates about that.

[/i]Everyone else's fault bar his.

The antithesis of a professional football player.

Can we not resurrect that half million "offer" from the Middle East?

I'd say that was him admitting fault.

Fair enough but:

Mohsni realises opposition players will likely target him during matches in an attempt to draw the same sort of response as the one he displayed at County.

But he is adamant he’ll stay calm under pressure and added: “I will keep what happened in my mind because I know all the players in our league will try to wind me up.

They might kick me or elbow me but I will be ready for that and I will try just to defend well and keep clean sheets, score if I can and win games for Rangers.

I know players do that all the time but I didn’t expect it in a friendly game.”

I count four excuses for past or possible future misconduct.

It will happen again, he's just getting his excuses in early.

I reckon he'll be back in the team with Zaliukas at centre half and Jig will move into centre mid. Templeton or McLeod to be dropped.

That's a good shout and I'd guess Templeton although it should be McLeod IMHO. It won't be Black or Law that's for sure.

I reckon that he'll be back on Friday and play alongside Zaliukas. Should McCulloch go into defensive midfield, I reckon that Templeton moves to the right, Macleod to the bench and Miller plays some sort of inside left. That said, we might also see Peralta on the right again.

Still cannot fathom why McCoist put Macleod on the right wing. At times it looks like he has 8 players that he simply has to play, no matter where. Such philosophy leaves little room for any hopefulls and thus they get frustrated quickly.

I reckon that he'll be back on Friday and play alongside Zaliukas. Should McCulloch go into defensive midfield, I reckon that Templeton moves to the right, Macleod to the bench and Miller plays some sort of inside left. That said, we might also see Peralta on the right again.

Still cannot fathom why McCoist put Macleod on the right wing. At times it looks like he has 8 players that he simply has to play, no matter where. Such philosophy leaves little room for any hopefulls and thus they get frustrated quickly.

I said elsewhere that I think there are 9 really at the moment: Bell, Foster, McCulloch, Wallace, Law, Black, McLeod, MIller & maybe Boyd. If Mohsni plays on Friday that would make 10; meaning only one wide MF place available for all comers.

Fair enough but:

They might kick me or elbow me but I will be ready for that and I will try just to defend well and keep clean sheets, score if I can and win games for Rangers.

I know players do that all the time but I didn’t expect it in a friendly game.”

I count four excuses for past or possible future misconduct.

It will happen again, he's just getting his excuses in early.

Depends if he's making it up or not - I doubt he is. Seems to me he's saying that while other players will attempt to wind him up and kick/elbow him etc, it is his own responsibility not to react badly and lose the rag. Seems fair enough to me.

It seems you're saying that it all didn't and won't happen and he just loses it over absolutely nothing or that he's not allowed to say what caused him to lose it.

I think people overuse the word "excuse" - he's not excusing himself in any way but he is giving the reasons he committed the crime.

Depends if he's making it up or not - I doubt he is. Seems to me he's saying that while other players will attempt to wind him up and kick/elbow him etc, it is his own responsibility not to react badly and lose the rag. Seems fair enough to me.

It seems you're saying that it all didn't and won't happen and he just loses it over absolutely nothing or that he's not allowed to say what caused him to lose it.

I think people overuse the word "excuse" - he's not excusing himself in any way but he is giving the reasons he committed the crime.

I think that some of these words at least were put in his mouth; but in any event what he's doing here is preparing his defence so that he can say: Look I told you in August that opposition players will target me with elbows and kicks (because they know how easy it is to wind me up), sorry I lost the plot again in the face of this provocation.