Livingston 4 - Hertz 1 Petrofac Training Cup

It wasn't but I was just focusing on the future, as the past has been done to death. That our board thought that cup final performance was not worthy of a sacking says more about them than us.

Putting McCoist to one side, you think a board should sack a manager for winning the league without losing a game because he lost a cup final? I know we're in a strange position but that's extreme.

BTW The score was actually 4-1.

Can I also point out that neither Hearts nor Hibs will win the trophy this year, or even the semis... Should the managers be sacked? Are they now worse than McCoist?

Falkirk, Alloa and Livingston are the only other Championship teams left and all have been kept separate and all with away games.

BTW The score was actually 4-1.

Can I also point out that neither Hearts nor Hibs will win the trophy this year, or even the semis... Should the managers be sacked? Are they now worse than McCoist?

Falkirk, Alloa and Livingston are the only other Championship teams left and all have been kept separate and all with away games.

Aye, because they all work under equal conditions and budgets.

Aye, because they all work under equal conditions and budgets.

No, they have far bigger budgets than the rest of the challenge cup participants. So what are you saying?

I realise this is where the Ally bashers start to get lost in their own inconsistencies.

I doubt their wage differential compared to Rangers is of a huge factor a magnitude less than Rangers (certainly a lot less than many other Rangers sides) - and we are of course, supposedly handicapped by the worst manager in the leagues, who is making our players worse.

Therefore not even making the quarter finals seems a much poorer record than the "worst manager in the leagues" making the quarter finals and the final.

Either Ally is the worst or he's not... make up your mind. You can maybe apply the better player argument to most of the teams but not to Heart or Hibs, whom the anti-Ally guys say signed better players than us, so with the Edinburgh teams, budget becomes irrelevant as Ally has supposedly wasted money.

Trouble is if Ally is the worst, then results dictate others must be even worse - which doesn't make logical sense. Ergo, Ally being the worst is an oxymoron. :)

No, they have far bigger budgets than the rest of the challenge cup participants. So what are you saying?

I realise this is where the Ally bashers start to get lost in their own inconsistencies.

I doubt their wage differential compared to Rangers is of a huge factor a magnitude less than Rangers (certainly a lot less than many other Rangers sides) - and we are of course, supposedly handicapped by the worst manager in the leagues, who is making our players worse.

Therefore not even making the quarter finals seems a much poorer record than the "worst manager in the leagues" making the quarter finals and the final.

Either Ally is the worst or he's not... make up your mind. You can maybe apply the better player argument to most of the teams but not to Heart or Hibs, whom the anti-Ally guys say signed better players than us, so with the Edinburgh teams, budget becomes irrelevant as Ally has supposedly wasted money.

Trouble is if Ally is the worst, then results dictate others must be even worse - which doesn't make logical sense. Ergo, Ally being the worst is an oxymoron. :)

Point me to a post of mine where I said he is the worst manager. Just one will do.

Once you have failed to do that, address the point I made without that rambling nonsense.

Putting McCoist to one side, you think a board should sack a manager for winning the league without losing a game because he lost a cup final? I know we're in a strange position but that's extreme.

A bit light fighting wind mills this. We all know that we have played some dire football at times. Still, the team and the manager have the job to get the club to the top tier, anything else is a welcome bonus, both for "money-grabbing" board people and the support. As long as the team and the manager are on course for the top tier, the board will think long and hard before sacking McCoist. (And you can bet that such a decision would be met with derision too.)

As for the Hearts defeat ... that' football, as I pointed out a few times. Happens all too often, no matter who you are and who you play ... (ask Schalke, who dropped out of the German Cup against third tier Dresden this week.)