I think we need to find a happy medium from somewhere, and fast! Too many fans are not involved in fan ownership and that's with the near 8000 fans the RST have had as members since inception. Most RF members are current or past RST members so they haven't reinvented the wheel with that. Our wealthy supporters tried under Murray and during admin but never got the gig. King's trying but going round in circles with the institutions and David Murray apparently had a bid knocked back three weeks ago.

At the same time wealthy supporters are cagey about getting involved with supporters because of the online anarchy that envelops forums and social media, though the RST have had some success in being able to work besides and support, for which they are appreciative.

We're a strange bunch when it comes to the club outside of following the team.

Fan ownership will not just secure the club, it will fundamentally change the dependency culture that our support has clung to for far too long.

As far as RF is concerned, it is devoid of meaningful ambition and content to leave the door open for the next Craig Whyte to waltz in. It is not providing an answer to our difficulties or demonstrating a grand vision for the future.

Our support needs to rid itself of its unhealthy obsession with rich people, or as I keep reading in here - HNWI.

The short term has become extremely important due to circumstances that we are all fully aware of, however the short term has always been the only concern for Rangers fans, and that's why we are suffering now.

The private ownership of Rangers is a minefield of uncertainty and insecurity. The support needs to embrace the club and take it out of the hands of unscrupulous individuals.

If Rangers fans were as concerned for the future of the club as they are about its past, they would buy it tomorrow, but we still think that it is the duty of so-called Rangers-minded HNWIs to buy the club and throw money at it.

It isn't. It really isn't. Only by making Rangers a fan-owned club will we leave this nonsense behind. It might be an idea to get the RST, if it hasn't already done so, to put a model together to show what fan ownership could actually be like.

Fan ownership will not just secure the club, it will fundamentally change the dependency culture that our support has clung to for far too long.

As far as RF is concerned, it is devoid of meaningful ambition and content to leave the door open for the next Craig Whyte to waltz in. It is not providing an answer to our difficulties or demonstrating a grand vision for the future.

Our support needs to rid itself of its unhealthy obsession with rich people, or as I keep reading in here - HNWI.

The short term has become extremely important due to circumstances that we are all fully aware of, however the short term has always been the only concern for Rangers fans, and that's why we are suffering now.

The private ownership of Rangers is a minefield of uncertainty and insecurity. The support needs to embrace the club and take it out of the hands of unscrupulous individuals.

If Rangers fans were as concerned for the future of the club as they are about its past, they would buy it tomorrow, but we still think that it is the duty of so-called Rangers-minded HNWIs to buy the club and throw money at it.

It isn't. It really isn't. Only by making Rangers a fan-owned club will we leave this nonsense behind. It might be an idea to get the RST, if it hasn't already done so, to put a model together to show what fan ownership could actually be like.

Stop talking rubbish. How do you get a shareholder to sell you his shares if he doesn't want to sell them.

At least the RF target of 25% is at best, attainable.

At least the RF target of 25% is at best, attainable.

I think even the far smaller target of 5% is going to be a massive struggle for both BuyRangers AND RangersFirst combined/collectively. It's going to take every penny these fan ownership vehicles are raising just to stop their percentage from being heavily diluted in further share offers, so the money will essentially be going into a black hole with potentially 100's of thousands spent trying to retain something like 1 to 2 percent holding collectively between them.

I think even the far smaller target of 5% is going to be a massive struggle for both BuyRangers AND RangersFirst combined/collectively. It's going to take every penny these fan ownership vehicles are raising just to stop their percentage from being heavily diluted in further share offers, so the money will essentially be going into a black hole with potentially 100's of thousands spent trying to retain something like 1 to 2 percent holding collectively between them.

I agree with you. Making that comment I was thinking that it was possible to achieve such a figure over time, but that full ownership in many of our lifetimes, is a pipedream .

I agree with you. Making that comment I was thinking that it was possible to achieve such a figure over time, but that full ownership in many of our lifetimes, is a pipedream .

That's basically the problem because for these great ideals of fan ownership to actually happen in any sort of reasonable time scale they need to be purchasing at least 5% of the Club per year and that's BEFORE you start to consider potential shareholding dilutions.

No-one said it was going to be easy.

If fan ownership is a worthy reward, though, it should be aspired to by those who believe in it. This idea that Rangers can leave the ownership of the club to chance is really quite bizarre.

Dubious ownership is where our problems begin and end. If we do nothing about it, the future is going to bleak, and in historic terms, it could be quite short, too.

I think we need to find a happy medium from somewhere, and fast! Too many fans are not involved in fan ownership and that's with the near 8000 fans the RST have had as members since inception. Most RF members are current or past RST members so they haven't reinvented the wheel with that. Our wealthy supporters tried under Murray and during admin but never got the gig. King's trying but going round in circles with the institutions and David Murray apparently had a bid knocked back three weeks ago.

At the same time wealthy supporters are cagey about getting involved with supporters because of the online anarchy that envelops forums and social media, though the RST have had some success in being able to work besides and support, for which they are appreciative.

We're a strange bunch when it comes to the club outside of following the team.

Sorry I may have misinterpreted what you are saying here , are you saying the RST currrently have over 8000 members or have since inception have had 8000 members some of whom have left , as I understand it from a current board member the current membership sits under 3000

Sorry I may have misinterpreted what you are saying here , are you saying the RST currrently have over 8000 members or have since inception have had 8000 members some of whom have left , as I understand it from a current board member the current membership sits under 3000

Near that in total over the years. Membership numbers go up in sequence. Last one I recall was over 7600. Colin Glass is 001, Dingwall is 007, I'm 4243.