Rangers fringe players in line for Livi comeback

ALLY McCOIST has hailed his Ibrox fringe stars as he contemplates shuffling his pack for Saturday's Championship clash at Livingston.

The Rangers boss was furious with his team's display in Monday's 3-1 loss to Hibernian but the following evening he watched Gordon Durie's second string hammer Dunfermline 4-0.

Lee Robinson, Richard Foster, Marius Zaliukas, Sebastien Faure and Kyle Hutton all turned out and have pushed themselves back into first-team contention for the trip to West Lothian.

McCoist said: "The Development team put in a great performance. I really enjoyed the game.

"Everybody did well but I was really pleased with the first-team squad guys who played. Lee Robinson made a couple of fantastic saves, Foster did well and Zaliukas and Faure did very well.

"I was very, very encouraged by their performance, ably assisted by some of the younger lads. They included Ryan Hardie, who managed to grab a goal. The fringe players in the reserves have certainly come back into the reckoning.

"They gave us what we were looking for in their reaction to this week's first-team result."

McCoist's side could face Livingston without Bilel Mohsni and Kris Boyd after the pair were offered two-game bans by the SFA following incidents on Monday.

They were caught on TV in altercations with Jordan Foster and Liam Fontaine and have been issued with notices of complaint by the new Compliance Officer Tony McGlennan.

If Rangers don't lodge an appeal by tonight the pair will miss the Livi clash and Raith's visit to Ibrox on October 18.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/rangers-fringe-players-in-line-for-livi-comeback-182868n.25484504?

If Jig starts on Saturday super should be sacked at half time or sooner if practicable.

I have said the same for 3 years now. Name me a position in our team and there will be at least 3/4 players better than Jig to play there, but he has never been dropped. But he's a good guy and one of us so it doesn't matter if he can't play the game, mark anyone, tackle, pass, organise or read the game.

I have said the same for 3 years now. Name me a position in our team and there will be at least 3/4 players better than Jig to play there, but he has never been dropped. But he's a good guy and one of us so it doesn't matter if he can't play the game, mark anyone, tackle, pass, organise or read the game.

I wanted McCulloch out the team 7 years ago.

A more mediocre player you would struggle to ever find.

Tomorrows press conference should be interesting.

What kind of Ally will be answering the questions,............... defiant and pro-active..... or......... defensive and reactive ?

What level of pressure will be applied by the media ?.....

Will he be asked if he'll resign on Saturday if we don't win ?

What kind of Ally will be answering the questions,............... defiant and pro-active..... or......... defensive and reactive ?

"Before we start, I just want to make it clear that I will only be discussing non-football matters today. Thank you."

He'll walk in and announce he will only take questions on jokes, pranks, cheeky chappy shit and general fuckabootery. Any football, political, financial, competency questions and he 'll walk oot....again..

Can anyone envisage a team without McCulloch unless he's injured? Hutton should not be a starting option under any circumstances. Why talk up Faure if we bought two CH? By now Robinson should be first pick. Hardie has always been an inspiration - going by elfideldo's reports.

So while people will sure disagree about Foster and with the people available right now, Saturday should look like ...

Robinson

Foster - McGregor - Zaliukas - Wallace/Smith

Black

Peralta - Shiels - Law* - Templeton

Daly**

... with Templeton and Shiels supporting Daly as often as possible. Get Hardie on for Shiels or Daly later on, likewise Aird for Templeton. Heck, if McCoist really want to surprise us, he can throw Mohsni up front straight away. :fish2:

* unless Macleod is fit

** assuming Boyd gets banned.

He'll walk in and announce he will only take questions on jokes, pranks, cheeky chappy shit and general fuckabootery. Any football, political, financial, competency questions and he 'll walk oot....again..

I think it'll give us an indication as to where he and his agent have decided to 'tie the horse' and if Ally is 'up for a fight' both in the dressing room and upstairs........... with the provision that the club beat Livingston.