http://www.telegraph...St-Andrews.html

Birmingham City 0 Bolton Wanderers 1, match report: Neil Lennon sent off in winning start at St Andrew's

Birmingham City vs Bolton Wanderers, Championship – Victory for former Celtic manager in his first game in charge of struggling Bolton Wanderers is marred after he is sent to the stands

Posted Image

Sidelined: Neil Lennon was sent to the stands for repeatedly leaving his technical area Photo: ACTION IMAGES

By Jon Culley, St Andrew's

8:06PM BST 18 Oct 2014

Posted ImageComment

Neil Lennon accused the match officials of being “pedantic” after victory in his first game in charge of struggling Bolton Wanderers was marred by the former Celtic manager being sent to the stands after repeatedly being warned about straying from his technical area by fourth official Amy Fearn.

The Northern Irishman was dismissed after Wanderers, leading through a first-half Matt Mills header, were awarded a penalty eight minutes from time, which resulted in Birmingham goalkeeper Darren Randolph being sent off.

“I had been warned by the fourth official about encroaching but it is my first game in charge and perhaps I was a bit over- exuberant,” Lennon said. “But it was all a bit unnecessary and a little bit pedantic.

“It wasn’t as if I was arguing with every decision, swearing at the opposition manager or being aggressive in any way. The fourth official called the referee over after the penalty was awarded, when I had stepped on the pitch to give instructions to my players while Birmingham were sorting out who would go in goal.

“ I will appeal against it. I had been warned and I did run down the touchline to celebrate our goal, but I tried to deal with it with good humour and felt they should have cut me some slack. You see a lot worse in Scotland, so maybe I’ll just have to get used to the way things are down here.”

Neil Lennon says there's nothing sinister in his sending off for 'over exuberance'.

The former Celtic chief now faces a possible touchline ban for Tuesday's trip to Charlton.

Neil Lennon was sent-off in his first match as Bolton manager but admitted after seeing his side win 1-0 at Birmingham:"I did a lot worse in Scotland."

However, the former Celtic chief now faces a possible touchline ban for Tuesday's trip to Charlton.

Lennon, 43, was dismissed to the stands after a run in with fourth officials, Amy Fearns, following the award of an 81st minute penalty...to Bolton!

City keeper Darren Randolph was sent off but substitute Craig Davies blasted the ball over the cross bar against stand-in goalie, Lee Novak.

"I got sent off for consistently leaving my technical area," explained Lennon after Matt Mills' 20th minute header gave Wanderers their first away win of the season.

"It wasn't as though I was remonstrating with the officials, giving her a hard time or arguing with Lee Clark

"It was more over exuberance on my part. There was nothing sinister about it

"Maybe I need to learn the ways down here. I know it is really harsh.

"All I wanted to do was get a message onto Jay Spearing to take the penalty.

"By all accounts Craig had scored the last two but I wanted a technical player to take put the game beyond doubt.

"In the end he blasted it over the bar against an outfield goal keeper. Our game management needs to be a lot better."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-says-theres-nothing-7958865

He actually got sent off :laugh:?

He is in for a rude awakening because nobody will pander to him in England. He will be absolutely hated.

The FA down south dont take too kindly to this sort of behaviour towards their match officials.No Rhegan or Lunny to turn a blind eye down there.

Pardew shoved a linesman and got a two match ban plus a fine of £20k.

Draconian.

It has taken Lennon just one game to fall foul of match officials down south.

How many games has Pardew been involved with as manager in england? If he did that on a regular basis(as I suspect TLB will) then the punishments would get more severe

It has taken Lennon just one game to fall foul of match officials down south.

How many games has Pardew been involved with as manager in england? If he did that on a regular basis(as I suspect TLB will) then the punishments would get more severe

Jot down a list of incidents where the FA have come down hard on the manager.

Jot down a list of incidents where the FA have come down hard on the manager.

SAF once got a five game touchline ban for criticism of referees.

Pardew got a seven game suspension and a £60k fine earlier this year.

The Chelsea portuguese assistant got hammered when he lost the plot last season too

No you're correct there's not that many. Managers down south dont risk it. Up here what Lennon got away with was nothing short of scandalous. Try causing a referees strke down there and lets see what happens as well as the usual stuff from him week in week out. I'll give til the end of the season at the latest.

SAF once got a five game touchline ban for criticism of referees.

Pardew got a seven game suspension and a £60k fine earlier this year.

The Chelsea portuguese assistant got hammered when he lost the plot last season too

No you're correct there's not that many. Managers down south dont risk it. Up here what Lennon got away with was nothing short of scandalous. Try causing a referees strke down there and lets see what happens as well as the usual stuff from him week in week out. I'll give til the end of the season at the latest.

You're all over the shop as usual. I shall leave you to it.