In an attempt to channel that anger into something more positive, I wonder whether the RFFF could be used to challenge the directors in court regarding their fiduciary duties to the Club, if they accept a loan from Ashley on terms which are less favourable than other loan options on the table?

Even if possible, taking individual directors to court could be a very protracted and expensive process.

Even if possible, taking individual directors to court could be a very protracted and expensive process.

It could. But I can't think of a better purpose for the RFFF now that out titles are secure, than holding the custodians of our Club to their legal and moral duties.

There is no doubt that if the RFFF took any of the board to court, the board would have enough sway to allocate the funds from this Ashley loan to pay for the defense. Either way, as usual - Rangers loses!

I'm no lawyer, but if you take a director to court in a personal capacity, I'm not sure that the board would have any right to spend the Club's money defending the case.

Happy to defer to any learned Gersnetters on that point though.

Hopefully, a credible threat of legal action might be enough.

As predicted... Well done Mystic Meg. It's not as if it was blindingly obvious that Doug and Dinsdale, like Green, have been set on handing the club to Ashley at a knock down rate since they showed up. Stevie Wonder could see this coming and that's without the Toxic munchkin spoon-feeding him the approved line.

It could. But I can't think of a better purpose for the RFFF now that out titles are secure, than holding the custodians of our Club to their legal and moral duties.

The RFFF is not there to pay for Dave King's smooth passage. That goes for any other individual or group. There is no confirmation that any deal has been done, nor if one has been done, it is illegal.

The RFFF is not there to pay for Dave King's smooth passage. That goes for any other individual or group. There is no confirmation that any deal has been done, nor if one has been done, it is illegal.

I'm sure the fan shareholding groups will be keen to see the terms of both loan offers, especially if any assets have been pledged as collateral to Ashley.

The RFFF has quite a lot of money

They should add it to the buy out pot, along with Kennedys £2m, all money from the Buy Rangers group, Rangers First, RST, King, Murray, Letham, etc etc etc. Time to gather our sums and make these people an offer they cannot refuse. For total control.