Morgan Stanley increase stake in RIFC to 3.2%

Is there really any need for the provocative rhetoric DT?

If you have further information or know something that hasn't been mentioned here, then why not just say so and clear this up?

The only thing I can add myself having looked at it another time is of course it's entirely possible that yet again the TR-1 notification in an RNS contained errors or that it simply doesn't paint the full picture of what George Taylor did last week.

Assuming it's actually correct though (risky as that may be), all the RNS tells us is that a purchase of 200,000 shares took him over 3% and triggered the notification.

For all we know George Taylor could have had his broker spending the previous 2 or 3 days buying up numerous chunks of shares which took him up to just below 3% before that 200k transaction triggered the notification.

If you or anyone else have more specific details or information, then please chime in.

Unlike you, I have no info to chime in with. I merely asked that others who know better, and chimed in, explained what they meant to the ignorant amongst us.

Okay, what is so wrong about Ralston's story? You were very adamant, so you must know. Is it the 72 hours purchase bit, the being part of the King etc consortium or is he not a friend of George Letham?

Iffy? It's just plain wrong.

And yes, I fully understand the 2.375m shares were not a single transaction.

Btw, I am not posting from a proxy and have never hidden who I am on this site.

Okay, what is so wrong about Ralston's story?

He wrote:

The Stock Exchange announced details yesterday after his purchase of 2.375million shares moved him into the “major interest” threshold.

We're probably missing something, but it would look like either that statement is wrong or the notification details in the TR-1 form contained in the RNS announcement are wrong.

The only other info I have is that neither George Taylor or Morgan Stanley were listed in the top 18 shareholders on 13 September last year when someone took this screenshot:

Fc64b7F.gif

Btw, I am not posting from a proxy and have never hidden who I am on this site.

Is that somehow relevant to this discussion? What am I missing here?

Btw, neither myself or Frankie insinuated that we 'know it all' or that anyone here is 'ignorant' or is that something else I've missed?

Is that somehow relevant to this discussion? What am I missing here?

Btw, neither myself or Frankie insinuated that we 'know it all' or that anyone here is 'ignorant' or is that something else I've missed?

Purely my interpretation of what is posted. And going by your last graphic, not wide of the mark. It tells us nothing. And like I said, I know the 2.375m shares was not a single transaction.

And I have never used a proxy server on this site. And of course it is relevant.

And the point is? Apart from the fact that, including the delayed notifications, there was a volume of shares much larger than 2.375m traded within 72 hours.

Point? I posted a full list of the recent trades out of interest since it's a subject we're discussing. Feel free to highlight which ones relate to George Taylor.

Regarding the 72 hour period subject, it's worth noting for anyone that didn't spot it before that the announcement stated that the transaction date and date which the 3% threshold was crossed was 29 October with a trade of 200,000 shares.

Assuming the announcement was correct, then that specific trade was probably the one listed as being at 11:28:05 am on the 29th.

Please tell me if any of that is wrong.

Point? I posted a full list of the recent trades out of interest since it's a subject we're discussing. Feel free to highlight which ones relate to George Taylor.

Regarding the 72 hour period subject, it's worth noting for anyone that didn't spot it before that the announcement stated that the transaction date and date which the 3% threshold was crossed was 29 October with a trade of 200,000 shares.

Assuming the announcement was correct, then that specific trade was probably the one listed as being at 11:28:05 am on the 29th.

Please tell me if any of that is wrong.

I can read, I saw the full list.

In the 72 hour period prior to the 200k, how many trades were George's? How many share trades were announced? Then you will have proved Ralston wrong. I do not have to prove anything, I simply asked you to prove the guy had not bought 2.375m in 72 hours. You have not done that yet.

The sad thing is, during the last 3 years the most accurate info on the whole debacle has come from the DR + 3 names.