"and so he faces the final curtain" E Times article " fans will miss the big picture

Quite a bit, for instance he was able to sign one horrendous player after another on contracts which were both too generous and unsustainable. Hell, he was even allowed to stay in his position as manager despite some horrendous results and performances.

he wasn't responsible for the contracts. That was down to the CE and the board.

Quite a bit, for instance he was able to sign one horrendous player after another on contracts which were both too generous and unsustainable. Hell, he was even allowed to stay in his position as manager despite some horrendous results and performances.

So where does that fit in with the article above? - "With McCoist gone, who do the fans turn to and put their faith in? Who can they be sure is acting in the best interests of Rangers?

I've already stated he had (a bad) influence on what happened on the playing side. When was the last time he had any influence other than that, which is why I don't agree with that element of the article.

Edited by Anchorman

he wasn't responsible for the contracts. That was down to the CE and the board.

I'm not saying that he was responsible for handing out the contracts, that blame lies where you have pointed out, just that he got the players he wanted when the level of remuneration would have been discussed during early discussions. If he had been stymied back then, I feel that things would have come to a head a lot earlier than this.

So where does that fit in with the article above? - "With McCoist gone, who do the fans turn to and put their faith in? Who can they be sure is acting in the best interests of Rangers?

I've already stated he had (a bad) influence on what happened on the playing side. When was the last time he had any influence other than that, which is why I don't agree with that element of the article.

I made no specific comment on the article itself, I merely made a point in reply to what Frankie said. :)

Yeah, there is definitely something far bigger than just Ally McCoist and the managers position at stake here. Our clubs very existence and future.

If Ally was the guy we keep hearing he is you would think he would get out the door now to allow an actual football manager to try and salvage our season.

Unfortunately all he cares about is money. You would think the nigh on £3m he has made as manager would be enough.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

If Ally was the guy we keep hearing he is you would think he would get out the door now to allow an actual football manager to try and salvage our season.

Unfortunately all he cares about is money. You would think the nigh on £3m he has made as manager would be enough.

That is something which can be levelled at him for his past actions, but not necessarily here. He would have made more money by not putting in his notice until a later date, say the end of the season. The timing of it could suggest that something else may be at play here. We shall see soon enough.