Today's transfer rumours

Exactly. Its just silly season with the rumours. Its also difficult to know if we are totally skint or just trying to make sure we don't get ripped off for Hartley & McCulloch. Or Bain is just trying to get players on the cheap to impress Murray.

FWIW I think we probably could afford the fee for Gordon if it came to it. Apart from all the money freed up in wages recently, its one player you could say is a good investment and I'd hope if he expressed an interest in coming, DM would find the dosh from somewhere for him.

I don't know about Bain - let's just say I'm not a fan. Even if we complete a transfer nowadays it seems to take forever and there is lots of bids rejected before we finally come up with a package. I know times have changed, but I can remember in the early 90's in fact probably the whole of the 90's when transfers were down and dusted and then we were told about them. Now the press seem to know everything about them and stories go on for weeks

The fact that none of the press have linked us with Gordon tells me that its all rumour.

I too remember the days when signings would just happen. I guess part of the problem now is the internet, but there does seem to be a fine line between getting the best deal and just taking the piss with very low offers.

Maybe i am seeing things but at the end of the hibs game john Collins whispered something in Scott Browns ear which looked more than well played. Brown had a few claps and ran off the park. Maybe nothing but Collins just sayed he will be praying for midnight to pass without anything happening which is different than we will not sell.