Walter getting things right ?

Just 4 short weeks ago we had not much to shout about with our team and general squad depth.

But is Walter slowly but surely getting things right ?

If Thompson does sign and if McCulloch does sign then we are looking at a potential starting 11 of

---------------------------------McGregor------------------------------

Hutton---------------Ehiogu------------------Weir-----------------Smith

Burke/Sionko-------Ferguson----------------Thompson----------McCulloch

-------------------------Boyd------------Prso---------------------------

At the beginning of January our starting 11 was ooking something like :

---------------------------------McGregor------------------------------

Hutton--------------Svensson---------------Hemdani--------------Smith

Burke/Sionko-------Ferguson----------------Clement----------Adam

-------------------------Boyd------------Prso---------------------------

Now I know that we have only added a couple of new faces but I think that these new faces will make a BIG impact on our team. Yes, Weir and Ehiogu are old but they are solid and seem to have looked after themselves and they certainly are more commanding than we had in the team previously.

Then in midfield I think we get an upgrade with Thompson over Clement (I liked Clement but I think Thompson is still an upgrade) and I think that McCulloch is an upgrade on Adam too (don't think there are too many doubts on that one). Let's not forget that Thompson will be available for the UEFA too (I think....)

And if we do still get Hartley then we have what looks to me to be a very solid midfield more than capable of competing with Celtic.

All we need now is one forward and I think we have the making of a very strong, dependable team AND squad.

This bear likes to look on the bright side of things.

I think WS is slowly but surely improving our playing staff. Hopefully he can get one or two more in before the window shuts !

I think he's doing as well as can be expected during the January window and yes, I agree that we're moving in the right direction. At least with Thomson for Clement, we're signing another young player. Our defence is looking stronger although up front is still a worry as Prso's fitness is waning quickly and I think we need a more direct partner for Boyd.

I'd also like to see one or two more attacking midfielders signed.

As for the UEFA cup, Smith can add 3 players to the eligible squad, I'd guess Weir and Ehiogu would be two of those.

I think he's doing as well as can be expected during the January window and yes, I agree that we're moving in the right direction. At least with Thomson for Clement, we're signing another young player. Our defence is looking stronger although up front is still a worry as Prso's fitness is waning quickly and I think we need a more direct partner for Boyd.

I'd also like to see one or two more attacking midfielders signed.

As for the UEFA cup, Smith can add 3 players to the eligible squad, I'd guess Weir and Ehiogu would be two of those.

I would guess Thomson is cup-tied for the UEFA?

Yeah Walter has certainly strengthened (sp) us at the back and now seems to be working on the midfield.

Im still hoping for McCulloch more than anyone else to balance out the left hand side.

Once Webster is fit we will be looking very strong at the back but in the mean time our XI has improved.

I think we will also need to get a keeper in the Letizi has gone and Klos is going.

Keeper can wait till the summer though as even though we know Klos is going he can still be called upon, and it saves us wasting wages for a THIRD keeper for 6 months when we have an assured keeper getting 30k a week for doing nothing.

I think it is a massive job at Ibrox,rebuilding the squad,and i don't think you could get any better than WS, IMO,as he will get us back to at least competing domestically.The first thing he did was address the CB problem,a problem that we all could see, apart from PLG,so given time i believe he will come good.I'm begining to feel more optimistic about the future of Rangers.