....To Man City

Hope he does well and gets back to regular good football. He was a player I liked at Ibrox but after Advocaat subbed him at parkhead things went downhill for him. Then he got his injury.

I dont know how well he did at PSV - Im sure Pete can inform us on that :)

Not very well I don't think. He's been trying to get away virtually since he got there if I remember rightly.

He played quite a lot the first season he was there, until he got injured. That system suited him as the backs were not asked to get forward, Cocu moved from sweeper to the midfield and the backs plus Alex(CH) formed a back 3, when the other team were attacking Cocu fell back to sweeper. Under Koeman he has no chance as he is Ajax minded and the backs also have to get forward.

He is imo a static player if you put him at LB he stays at LB and therfore is no threat in an overlap. You then get the static 442 we have also been watching for the last few years until Smith and Hutten have now started getting forward.

We were spoiled with Numan as he was like a second winger. Which of course he was originally.

I wish him the best of luck but sorry i don't rate him as he is far too static.

• 3 weeks later...
half volley rebound which came off the post, ball's hit the post also but the power took it over the line. just inside the 18 from the left hand side

I guessed it wasn't a toe poke over the line.:thup: