The fall of Ian Black

You mean the chap who fouled him thrice in the first ten minutes without even a look from the ref? The animal who was laughing all the game at us, because the ref ignored him till late on? Rest assured, had Black done anything similar, he'd been off after 10 mins at the latest.

I mean the chap who dominated, intimidated and bullied Black for 90 mins. Call him an animal if you like, but he's what a *real* midfield enforcer looks like.

You mean the chap who fouled him thrice in the first ten minutes without even a look from the ref? The animal who was laughing all the game at us, because the ref ignored him till late on? Rest assured, had Black done anything similar, he'd been off after 10 mins at the latest.

None of which are relevant to the discussion of how pish Ian Black is. He is an awful football player. And he is a fraud, acting like a tough guy but is anything but.

I mean the chap who dominated, intimidated and bullied Black for 90 mins. Call him an animal if you like, but he's what a *real* midfield enforcer looks like.

Brown ? He is another mediocre player. Better than Black for sure, but not very good at all. Technique is poor, game awareness lacking and when he gets in that "headless chicken" mode (which is fairly often) he is like playing with 10 men as everyone needs to cover for him as he loses all sense of positional discipline.

Brown ? He is another mediocre player. Better than Black for sure, but not very good at all. Technique is poor, game awareness lacking and when he gets in that "headless chicken" mode (which is fairly often) he is like playing with 10 men as everyone needs to cover for him as he loses all sense of positional discipline.

I'm getting deja vu here!

mediocre? The guy is captain of his club and country, neither of which play half as well when he's missing. The Brown of your description existed maybe 5 years ago - but no longer. I'll grant you, he no Souness, but then that's not his job. He's an engineer, not an architect. If I could have my pick of any player in Scotland to sign for next season, he would be it.