Somers' resignation

2 March 2015

Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers" or the "Company")

Board Changes

The Company announces that David Somers, Chairman, has resigned from the boards of the Company and its subsidiaries, with immediate effect.

Commenting on his resignation, David Somers said "I have resigned as Chairman of Rangers International Football club plc. I have worked in the City of London, the world's greatest financial centre for decades and enjoyed considerable success. When I was approached about the Chairmanship of Rangers, friends warned me that the world of football has different rules and codes of behaviour. I now know that is a gross understatement. I am a non-confrontational man and have always tried to bring harmony to boardrooms and with stakeholders. At the risk of antagonising my army of critics I would point out that Rangers managed to pay its bills and avoid going under during my tenure. These critics might not agree with how we achieved this. I look forward to alternative solutions from whoever is running the club in the future. Despite the personal attacks on me from various sources I genuinely wish the club the very best in the future and I am confident that with such a passionate and vociferous fan base they will be restored to their former glories."

For further information please contact:

Rangers International Football Club plc

Tel: 0141 580 8647

David Somers

WH Ireland Limited

Tel: 020 7220 1666

Adrian Hadden / Paul Shackleton

Newgate

Tel: 020 7148 6143

Roddy Watt / Ed Treadwell

Edited by Bluedell

I would point out that Rangers managed to pay its bills and avoid going under during my tenure.

Perhaps it's just me but I'd expect a chairman of Rangers to have achieved more. It's an indictment of his inability that this is all he has come up with.

have always tried to bring harmony to boardrooms and with stakeholders

although to be fair he has united the fans like few have done in the past.

He can boast about not quite managing to run the club into the ground and have wee snippy digs at fans for being 'vociferous' - not usually a compliment - all he likes.

I'm just delighted his useless carcass now has nothing to do with Rangers.

Good riddance. Skulking off with a sly dig at the fans before you're thrown out.

Yeah, you've really achieved something Dave. A more arrogant and clueless idiot, you would struggle to find.