Dave King confirms 'landslide' victory and requests EGM is not required

We need promotion by whatever means to the top division next season for financial reasons alone.It's costing us too much money not being there.

Ask King, Murray & Gilligan what division they want Rangers in next season. It's a no-brainer

Again, have you got figures for that? One could obviously argue that attendances would be higher in the Premiership, people will obviously sell-out any Old Firm game. Likewise, should the new board issue a rallying cry in April or May, I do reckon that many people will get their hands on STs again (and thus attendance figures become less important when it comes to Premiership or Championship games - the latter of which we are bound to win more often), no matter where we are. TV income is in the grand scale of things not that significant, as neither BT nor Sky are throwing cash over Hadrian's Wall. We all want to be at the very top of the game, but I'm not sure how you will back up the argument that it will "cost us too much" not being there. We'll have to pay our staff and squad plus running costs anyway and much of that will be done via ST sales and other income, not Premiership prize money or different TV deals. And should we not be able to improve radically on the field of play, a few weeks of desaster footie and lingering in the bottom half might very well keep attendance figures rather low.

Alas, we have little influence at this moment and time. What we know for sure is that the board has a masive task on its hands, as has the squad.

We have to hope the Newcastle5(when all fit) can improve the team & get us promoted. It is our only hope unfortunately

To be honest - that's my only hope mate. I have been chomping at the bit to get these Newcastle players in to the team. They can ONLY improve on what we have. I think, in paticular Birgirimana could add some much needed spice and energy to the midfield and I think Streete can had some aggression and pace to the centre half position. Ferguson can ad some pace and creativity. These guys have to get some game time soon so that that can then be ready for the play off's.

Still, if i was a betting man, I'd be reluctant to put money on us beating Hivs over two legs and then beating the second bottom team over two legs.

Quite frankly we are relying on the Newcastle lads hitting the ground running and really taking on the challenge of the play off's. We need to use the games between now and then as strong preparation.

we should want to go up as failure is not acceptable. Dont think the financial benefits will be that great.£2m-£3m is my guess.

I would strongly suggest that King has factored in the fact that there is a strong possibility that we will not be going up this year. A blind man can see that that is a realistic scenario.

To be honest - that's my only hope mate. I have been chomping at the bit to get these Newcastle players in to the team. They can ONLY improve on what we have. I think, in paticular Birgirimana could add some much needed spice and energy to the midfield and I think Streete can had some aggression and pace to the centre half position. Ferguson can ad some pace and creativity. These guys have to get some game time soon so that that can then be ready for the play off's.

Still, if i was a betting man, I'd be reluctant to put money on us beating Hivs over two legs and then beating the second bottom team over two legs.

Quite frankly we are relying on the Newcastle lads hitting the ground running and really taking on the challenge of the play off's. We need to use the games between now and then as strong preparation.

We will never go up if vukich isn't dropped imediately.

we should want to go up as failure is not acceptable. Dont think the financial benefits will be that great.£2m-£3m is my guess.

It will affect us a lot more than that. Nobody has any interest in watching another season of lower league football. It also affects sponsorship (are we tied to SD?).

Vuckic was poor against Falkirk but has done ok previously.

At the very least he's made a big difference to the quality of our set-pieces.

In saying that, Templeton looked quite sharp last week when he came on so he may be worth a punt as well.