Paul Murray congratulates the Record !!!

Jeez, it didn't take long for some to find something to have a go at Paul Murray about, did it.

Rangers have been fucked sideways by people actually inside the club for years and some couldn't bring themselves to criticise them. Day one and Paul Murray get's his collar felt for speaking to a newspaper. Good to see you've got your priorities right...

not for speaking to, for praising.

you could easily flip that on its head and say in one day PM managed to annoy fans even when they were in a euphoric state.

you could say the record only reported the news , they never made it .

a more accurate description might be that they report the news they choose to in the manner they choose to.

Bit lost if they report facts how can they regurgitate shit they are fed?

As I said the DR took a stand.

Have absolutely no idea where you get the idea i support green or dislike the paper for that stance. If you knew anything of me or my posting history you would laugh at that conclusion. For clarity....

I am aware of that. My point is that despite being anti-Green, you still seem offended by what the DR have printed about GreenCo. Even though they've just been reporting fact after fact. I can't actually think of many stories about GreenCo that were found to be false.

I have been very loud and vocal against green from way back well before everything came out. I was one of the first to say he was working for MA and still stick with that claim. As for king and co I was very happy to see them get in as they are the far lessor of two evils. I quite like King his persona and frank talk suit me perfectly. My first thought the other day when listening to his interview at the airport was" that is how I expect a Rangers chairman to sound". Obviously his tax issues are a problem and hard to ignore same as the conclusion from the south african judge. All in will give him the time and the same scrutiny as those before him( he might get a bit more scrutiny as that seems to be how we act when facing Rangers people if being honest). I wish he would stick around instead of going back to SA. Would far prefer him than PM working on his behalf.

Fair enough.

Paul Murray i have no time for. He does not come across as Rangers chairman material(even interim) and leaves me with several worries for his stewardship. Mostly around the club returning to old habits of over paying people for roles based entirely on the fact they are "good guys" while running the football side to our old model of buying with no foresight and making losses when selling. I worry he will also bring in the fractions within the support in some misplaced belief they represent the greater supports thinking.That being said these worries are completely different than the worries held against previous board members and are far lower on the consequence scale(not even comparable to each other). They are more worries of the path forward than of the club being stripped for others profit. I have no worries that every move PM makes will be in the belief he is doing what is best for the club.

gilligan- i really like. Have not meet him previously(i don't think) though i know several people who have had lots of dealings with him and they all talk very highly of his ability and love for the club. His obvious pride witnessed yesterday is infectious and leaves me smiling. Hope he goes on and has a very successful career at the club.

Douglas park- again a good guy, no real worries with him being in place he has always had Rangers at the front of his mind. My only concern which is not a real concern is he always came across to me as part of a group within Rangers who all have similar beliefs that don't align perfectly with my own. I see him and PM agreeing on most things, would have liked to see someone with fresh ideas along side these two. fresh ideas as how to run the football side of things that is, business wise no problems what so ever.He will always work in the best interests of the club as he sees them.

Compared to what we have had I wouldn't be overly concerned with Paul Murray. That's not to say we shouldn't continue to watch our board very carefully, as we always should have been doing.

As for celtic player on twitter, not on twitter, he sang the H***s are deed on dutch TV. Is just a small example of the editorial bias common place at the daily record and bbc scotland.

Again, I couldn't really care less. Much more critical things to concern ourselves with. Such as having our club back and overhauling it to the 21st century.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

not for speaking to, for praising.

you could easily flip that on its head and say in one day PM managed to annoy fans even when they were in a euphoric state.

You could, or you could face the fact that a section of our support have no clue what's really important and are determined to show that. We've a lot of problems, the Daily Record are miles down that list.

As I said the DR took a stand.

I am aware of that. My point is that despite being anti-Green, you still seem offended by what the DR have printed about GreenCo. Even though they've just been reporting fact after fact. I can't actually think of many stories about GreenCo that were found to be false.

Fair enough.

Compared to what we have had I wouldn't be overly concerned with Paul Murray. That's not to say we shouldn't continue to watch our board very carefully, as we always should have been doing.

Again, I couldn't really care less. Much more critical things to concern ourselves with. Such as having our club back and overhauling it to the 21st century.

as said not overly concerned with PM either the problems he present pale in significance to the last lot.

What stories do I have issue with regarding greenco? do you mean the false story they claimed was given to them by a source about hiring while making redundancies? My concerns are not for green and co they were for the staff that had further angst put on the situation by false reporting. Again that is merely the tip of the iceberg as far as the dr poor reporting on rangers issues goes. Could have easily used the umpteen stories that had absolutely nothing to do with Rangers but still managed to shoe horn us into in a negative light.

It matters little if you care about the celtic players bigoted behaviour the point is about fair and even coverage. They refuse point blank to condemn others for actions they are happy to condemn our support for.Remember the blight of Scottish football, except when its not Rangers fans doing it. If a Rangers player did the same it would be front page news. The same biased agenda is witnessed throughout their reporting be it on sport or not.

Edited by trublusince1982

You could, or you could face the fact that a section of our support have no clue what's really important and are determined to show that. We've a lot of problems, the Daily Record are miles down that list.

so you ignore it? Where does that lead to? Think we have been down this road before. We must nip it in the bud immediately or we will be forever tarred with whatever brush they choose to tarnish with

agree its down the list of priorities just as i would have thought praising them would have been.

people shdould realise the scottish and indeed british press are partizan. the other day celtc announced a 30 million shirt sponsorship deal and the press spent the whole time talking about the ira and uefa charges.

how many of the questions made headlines or print in condemnation?