John Greig To Return To Ibrox

I can understand a Blazer on match days but going back to 19th early 20th century principles and values is taking it too far for me.

You'd never get away with telling players how to cut their hair nowadays, maybe in the army, or North Korea.

Edited by Laudbertz

You'd never get away with telling players how to cut their hair nowadays, maybe in the army, or North Korea.

Long hair, mustaches, female referees, teabags, fairy liquid, cheese triangles, garlic bread (it's the future) - we're all doomed. Doooomed I tells ya!!!!

Run to the hills people!

Edited by TheWee BlueDevil

Just a bit of light relief and some fun...

GP25337390-1.jpg

What is John saying to his players going into extra-time?

My contribution.

"Forfuxsake! We only have one cup left!

I've been to the future, and this is how Phil Brown does his team talks at Hull!

JOHN GREIG is the Greatest Ever Ranger.

He won 17 major honours as a player and four more as a manager during an association that spanned 50 years.

The captain of the 1972 European Cup Winners’ Cup-winning team is immortalised outside Ibrox with a statue for his achievements at the club.

But since the day he walked away in protest from the ill-fated Craig Whyte regime in October 2011, the Gers legend has felt like an OUTSIDER.

As the club he loves lurched from crisis to crisis, Greig stayed away and feared for the future as much as any Rangers fan.

Yet tomorrow night he will officially end his exile and stand beside Dave King for the Queen of the South match at Ibrox.

Greig, 72, admits it will be an emotional moment as Rangers finally look to emerge from years of misery.

He said: “It did hurt me to be away from the club. It hurt me to tender my resignation three-and-a-half years ago.

Greig

John Greig after winning European Cup Winners Cup

“I’ve always watched developments in the background and hoped and prayed that one day things would turn.

“Hopefully they have now with Dave and his fellow board members taking control.

“I’ve been waiting three-and-a-half years for the right opportunity to go back. This is it.

“Dave phoned me on Friday night after the EGM and very kindly invited me to the game.

“I was delighted to accept his offer.

“I know him and his colleagues on the board well.

“Hopefully this is the start of a new era with Rangers-minded people running the club.

“It’s the supporters I’ve felt sorry for. They have been treated disgracefully in the past few years.

“But they are now seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.”

Greig has been back at Ibrox just twice since he and fellow director John McClelland quit after being marginalised by Whyte.

He attended a 140-year anniversary celebration in 2012 and was also present for the opening of the Sandy Jardine Stand last year.

Apart from that, Greig has had nothing to do with the regime that was eventually ousted on Friday.

King’s victory at the EGM signalled the start of a new era at Ibrox — but Greig does not expect things to change overnight.

He predicts any journey back to the top of Scottish football for Rangers will be long and fraught with difficulty.

But Greig has the utmost faith that club’s new custodians will succeed in their quest at Ibrox.

He said: “I’m very hopeful that Dave and his fellow board members getting in will see the beginning of a brighter period in Rangers’ history.

“Let’s face it, it couldn’t be much worse.

“Everybody appreciates that the road will be long and a wee bit bumpy.

“Football is like that in general anyway. There are always ups and downs for every club. But the supporters will understand that.

“They can now trust the men at the helm and that can only be good for the club.”

http://www.cfclatest.com/2013/03/09/john-greig-my-prayers-have-been-answered/

Edited by chilledbear