Douglas Park statement.

Great statement from Dougie there, one of many from the new board in the coming months i'm sure. I would ask the board to include in any of their statements, a rallying call to the world wide support to get involved in our reconstruction.

It looks like we are going to get the numbers up for tuesday, and half-season tickets are selling well. But we can't rest on our laurels now A big recruitment drive needs to go with the obvious goodwill atm,

I'll tell you this though Bears, it's good to feel welcome again at our club.

Sorry? "we" Douglas? When did it become "we"? You have immense wealth it would seem, but you don't have a diary or a watch, because you come very late to a party that is well under way.

All I read in your statement is a bombastic attempt at crowd pleasing. All of us on this forum and others know where we stood and what we did to get rid of the parasites - but where the fuck were you when we needed a figurehead?

Dave King and Paul Murray were, at least, in the fight from the start; they played a long game, they showed a dedication and a tenacity that will have cost them both in terms of finance and energy. But you, Douglas? Where were you in all of this? Nowhere, as far as I can remember - and yet you have the chutzpah to litter your statement with "we" this and "we" that? What did *you* do, with your great wealth? Where were you as a voice in the business community when we were getting violated by rats?

The result against Cowdenbeath left me annoyed. Your statement leaves me worried. Deeply worried.

Sorry? "we" Douglas? When did it become "we"? You have immense wealth it would seem, but you don't have a diary or a watch, because you come very late to a party that is well under way.

All I read in your statement is a bombastic attempt at crowd pleasing. All of us on this forum and others know where we stood and what we did to get rid of the parasites - but where the fuck were you when we needed a figurehead?

Dave King and Paul Murray were, at least, in the fight from the start; they played a long game, they showed a dedication and a tenacity that will have cost them both in terms of finance and energy. But you, Douglas? Where were you in all of this? Nowhere, as far as I can remember - and yet you have the chutzpah to litter your statement with "we" this and "we" that? What did *you* do, with your great wealth? Where were you as a voice in the business community when we were getting violated by rats?

The result against Cowdenbeath left me annoyed. Your statement leaves me worried. Deeply worried.

F*&k me been a while since I've read anything so funny and sad at the same time.

I take it the Blue Knights were but a figment of our imagination eh?

F*&k me been a while since I've read anything so funny and sad at the same time.

I take it the Blue Knights were but a figment of our imagination eh?

once you've stopped laughing, you'll be able to outline exactly how Park helped to unseat this board and exactly why he gets to use the pronoun 'we'?

once you've stopped laughing, you'll be able to outline exactly how Park helped to unseat this board and exactly why he gets to use the pronoun 'we'?

So he never bought a single share from Laxey Partners and the 5m shares he listed as holding is a typographical error?

So Dave King was lying when he said on Friday that the £16m he offered the previous board to purchase new shares in Rangers was in fact £8m from himself and £8m from Douglas Park?

He gets to use the "we" pronoun because he is one of us.

I just happened to bookmark this at the time ...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/scotland/18440161

14 June 2012 Last updated at 18:13 GMT

1457:

BREAKING NEWS

Former Rangers manager Walter Smith has confirmed in a statement that he is leading a new bid to buy the club.

1500:

Walter Smith statement

"I can today confirm that following talks over the last few weeks I am leading a new bid for Rangers Football Club.

"I have been assisted by Jim McColl, Douglas Park and other prominent Scottish businessmen with a shared objective - that Rangers Football Club should be in the hands of Rangers people who will stabilise the club and protect it from future situations like we find ourselves in today. ..."

I think that's a bit unfair.

Despite illness and important personal life changes, Douglas has played his part in where we are now. Just because someone is rich doesn't mean they can cast aside everything else in their lives for the benefit us the rest of us.

Let's just be thankful he's done his bit and seems understanding of where we are now.

I just happened to bookmark this at the time ...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/scotland/18440161

14 June 2012 Last updated at 18:13 GMT

1457:

BREAKING NEWS

Former Rangers manager Walter Smith has confirmed in a statement that he is leading a new bid to buy the club.

1500:

Walter Smith statement

"I can today confirm that following talks over the last few weeks I am leading a new bid for Rangers Football Club.

"I have been assisted by Jim McColl, Douglas Park and other prominent Scottish businessmen with a shared objective - that Rangers Football Club should be in the hands of Rangers people who will stabilise the club and protect it from future situations like we find ourselves in today. ..."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/douglas-park-joins-rangers-rescue-bid.17000787

While I've got some sympathy with the crowd-pleasing part of your post, Park has been around in the background for a while, much of it unpublicised. He tried to buy the club from Murray before it was sold to Whyte.

However I've had enough of statements. Green was very good at them also, and Whyte made a few good ones as well. I've heard words many times over the past 4 years and much have resulted in broken promises. Let's see some actions for a change.