Full Squad for Tomorrow - Press Association

Before Gordon Durie was promoted recently the lad was quite often getting played at left back for the U20 squad, but I'm sure I remember Elfideldo saying that he thought the lad was far more suited to right back and was only being played on the left due to a severe lack of left-footed players. I think this might have changed since Durrant took over the U20 squad though.

That's just frightening. No wonder we hardly produce any decent youngsters.

Same old shite.

I might be wrong but McCall may well turn out to be Ally Mk2 !!

Best thing long term would be to get a manager with no Rangers connections so we can start with a blank canvas and do away with any sentimental pish.

The fact that McCall will play McCulloch and make him our 'captain' makes him as guilty as McCoist and McDowall in my eyes.

Edited by MoodyBlue

McCall doesn't have the time to turn this around. He does though have to prove to the fans that he's up to the job. He wants it long term and will have to show some credentials if he's going to be around past the summer.

That involves tough decision making and it will be a mark of his character when it comes to making them.

We all know what he has to do, I just hope he has the balls to it.

Before Gordon Durie was promoted recently the lad was quite often getting played at left back for the U20 squad, but I'm sure I remember Elfideldo saying that he thought the lad was far more suited to right back and was only being played on the left due to a severe lack of left-footed players. I think this might have changed since Durrant took over the U20 squad though.

Having played at left-back most of last season he must have got sick of it and spoke up as it changed from the beginning of this season, so it wasn't changed by Durrant. That meant some other right footed player was stuck out at left-back, in a lot of occassions that was Ross McCrorie, a 16 year old right footed centre back. The good news is that the ONE left footed player in the under 20's squad, Jamie Mills has returned after almost a year out injured and he has filled the left back slot in the past 4 or 5 games.

Having played at left-back most of last season he must have got sick of it and spoke up as it changed from the beginning of this season, so it wasn't changed by Durrant. That meant some other right footed player was stuck out at left-back, in a lot of occassions that was Ross McCrorie, a 16 year old right footed centre back. The good news is that the ONE left footed player in the under 20's squad, Jamie Mills has returned after almost a year out injured and he has filled the left back slot in the past 4 or 5 games.

Cheers for clearing that up elfideldo. Well at least Durrant is playing his only left footed player on the left, eh... :D

I am gutted Boyd gets near the squad. Stick Moshni up front at least he will make himself a presence. I could mark Boyd out of a game and Daly is just as immobile.

I cannot believe Boyd is in the squad after that ridiculous performance on Tuesday.

Is McCulloch going to play CB again ? Against Jason Cummings? Surely not

Between now & the end of the season McCall has major decisions to take which will determine whether we get promoted or not.

He seems to be avoiding them as far as I can see

I cannot believe Boyd is in the squad after that ridiculous performance on Tuesday.

Between now & the end of the season McCall has major decisions to take which will determine whether we get promoted or not.

Our only CH with a bit of Pace (McGregor) must play against Cummings tomorrow and NOT out at RB where he is uncomfortable anyway. I hate the fact that not only does that wee rat have a stupid haircut but that he usually scores against us.

Oh and we should man mark their RB who I think has scored about 2 or 3 goals in his life ALL against us .............

May I point out that this was "tomorrow's provisional squad" on March 16th.

Just noticed this:

Rangers defender Richard Foster is out for another four to six weeks after undergoing a hernia operation.

Fellow full-backs Seb Faure (knee) and Steven Smith (back) also remain on the sidelines for the Scottish Championship encounter at Hibernian on Sunday.

Haris Vuckic is fit after missing the draw with Alloa with a leg knock but his four Newcastle team-mates, Kevin Mbabu (fitness issues), Gael Bigirimana (infection), Remie Streete (ear infection and muscle strain) and Shane Ferguson (knee) remain on the sidelines.

Rangers squad: Bell, Wallace, McGregor, Zaliukas, McCulloch, Mohsni, Shiels, Clark, Law, Hutton, Miller, Boyd, Daly, Aird, Black, Sinnamon, Murdoch, Smith, Walsh, Templeton, Wilson, Robinson, Simonsen.

Sporting Life