Celtic 'manipulate people... and it's been happening for years,'...

...claims Dundee United star Paul Paton after cup final controversy.

Dundee United star Paul Paton has launched an astonishing attack on Celtic as he accused the Parkhead club of having a long history of ‘manipulating’ people and situations for their own benefit.

The frustrated Tannadice star claimed there have been ‘continual injustices’ across the three games between United and Celtic this month that have yielded six red cards - four for Jackie McNamara’s team.

In the wake of the stormy 1-1 Scottish Cup draw at Tannadice, Celtic manager Ronny Deila and his captain Scott Brown both accused United kid Aidan Connolly of ‘diving’ to win his side a penalty.

Despite Deila calling on the SFA to take action, none was forthcoming but United were subsequently denied a penalty when Brown barged Ryan Dow in the League Cup Final, won 2-0 by Celtic at Hampden last Sunday.

And after the 4-0 Scottish Cup replay win at Parkhead on Wednesday, Deila accused Ryan McGowan of endangering the career of Liam Henderson with a wild lunge.

But the United camp felt the reaction of Celtic’s players may have influenced Calum Murray’s decision to send the Australian off.

And ahead of the fourth and final match between United and Celtic at Parkhead in the Premiership on Saturday, Paton appeared to accuse Celtic of heaping pressure on match officials.

‘Ronny Deila has an opinion on everything but I don’t really read too much into what he has to say or who he puts pressure on,’ said Paton.

‘But I think Celtic as a club can manipulate people more than Dundee United can. That kind of thing has been happening for years.

‘We have seen injustices in the last few games we have played and that causes frustration. It feels that we do not get any decisions and that it is continual.

‘I saw things differently (to Deila). I don’t think Ryan McGowan deserved to get sent off as he clearly won the ball. I don’t know if I am being biased but it is a hard tackle but he clearly won the ball.

‘I don’t think there was much in it (but) they have made a lot of it. It looked like a good tackle to me but that is only my opinion.’

Paton’s sense of injustice was also stoked by the failure of referee Murray to hand a second yellow to Efe Ambrose for a foul on Nadir Ciftci at 1-0.

He continued: ‘I thought he was lucky to stay on the park but we have seen it in the last few meetings that we don’t seem to get things like that going for us against Celtic.

‘How he stayed on the park I will never know. It was a clear yellow card. But when you come to places like (Parkhead) you never seem to get these decisions.

‘I don’t know if it is just coincidence but you saw last weekend in the League Cup Final we should have had a clear penalty.

‘Then Efe Ambrose should have got sent off when we were on top in the game and it did not happen. Small things like that change games.’

Paton also defended himself after Celtic’s Anthony Stokes yesterday accused the United midfielder of catching him with a ‘sly elbow’.

Stokes was sent off for retaliation but later said on Twitter: ‘I get a sly elbow in the face by someone that has nothing about them and get sent off, typical!’

But Paton pleaded his innocence, saying: ‘I have ran across him and I don’t know if he thinks I have meant to hit him but he has lashed out and caught me on the side of the face.

‘I stepped across him and I don’t know if I have caught him with my leg or my arm. I honestly don’t know but it was certainly not intentional.

‘But there’s no edge between the two teams. It’s been taken out of context as there were not really any bad challenges in the game. We come back to Parkhead on Saturday in the league with a clean slate.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3003466/Celtic-manipulate-people-s-happening-years-claims-Dundee-United-star-Paul-Paton-cup-final-controversy.html#ixzz3Uud3zB3A

Nadir Ciftci: 'Nothing happens to the players of Celtic' at home

Dundee United forward Nadir Ciftci says he has come to accept that "most" refereeing decisions made at Celtic Park are going to be in favour of the home team.

The Turkish goalscorer believes Celtic players are not always held accountable for their behaviour, citing Scott Brown's challenge on him at kick-off in their Scottish Cup clash on Wednesday night.

Ciftci is expected to be in the starting line-up when the two sides go head-to-head for the fourth time in two weeks on Saturday and believes Ronny Deila's side will always have the upper hand with match officials on home turf.

"It doesn’t matter what I think," Ciftci told STV. "Even when anyone outside Scottish football says - and they have said - that the game with Scott Brown was a bad challenge - nothing happens. Nothing happens to the players of Celtic.

"So we've got to deal with it. When you go out to play against Celtic and especially at Celtic Park there are going to be loads of decisions which are not going to come for you."

He added: "Most of the time it’s going to be against you and we have to be up for that. You have to be ready for that and it doesn’t matter what I think because it’s not going to change. Nothing is going to happen.

"It doesn’t matter what I think or what other people think because it’s never going to change. So you’ve just got to deal with it, create our own luck on the pitch and ignore when the referee makes his decision on the pitch."

Taken from FF

BTW, Ciftci looks a decent enough striker and is on a free in summer 2016.

Some stats re Arabs vs Hooped Horrors ...

"In the three recent games against Celtic, United committed 26 fouls total (average just over 8 per game), whilst Celtic committed 42 fouls (average just over 14 fouls per game). Celtic therefore committed not far short of twice as many fouls as United.

Celtic picked up a total of two red and 4 yellow cards. United picked up 4 red cards and 7 yellow cards, virtually twice as many as Celtic.

The above shows that Celtic committed almost twice as many fouls as United, but United are four times as likely to get punished with red and yellow cards for their fouls.

United are almost half as likely to commit a foul as Celtic are, but are twice as likely to be penalised with red and yellow cards as Celtic are for the fouls they do commit, making United about 4 times as likely to receive yellow and red cards, despite being twice as clean players as Celtic. Fair Play is not recognised nor rewarded. Foul play is!"

Edited by der Berliner

Sometimes it's better to do your talking on the park, Dundee United lost yet again to them, they are miles away from being the 2nd best club in Scotland while we're away.

So much for them sending us into the fourth tier.

Sometimes it's better to do your talking on the park, Dundee United lost yet again to them, they are miles away from being the 2nd best club in Scotland while we're away.

So much for them sending us into the fourth tier.

They never sent us to the fourth tier.

They(& others) only voted us out the SPL and we then had to apply for SFL membership.

It was the SFL clubs who voted to put as in SFL3 as it was known then

Edited by RANGERRAB

They never sent us to the fourth tier.

They(& others) only voted us out the SPL and we then had to apply for SFL membership.

It was the SFL clubs who voted to put as in SFL3 as it was known then

It was the SFL members who agreed on us joining the SFL. When they actually did, they followed their rules and did with us like they do with any new member, entry into the lowest tier. Only then did quite a few SPL teams, managers and board members noted what they had done and tried to blackmail the SFL into breaking their own rules and "place" us into SFL 1. As that did not succeed, they went on claiming that the SFL would ruin the game unless they'd place us into SFL 1 ... and consequently set out to make amends for their own folly, rule-breaking and abstaining from taking responsibility by taking over the SFL. Not least by bribing the SFL 1 teams ...

A right good cabal that lot up there.