Davie Cooper Tribute

I stood in the crowds lining the streets at Hamilton for the funeral procession. I was right up at the gates. Charlie Nicholas walked up the middle of the road behind the procession crying his eyes out (he was standing beside Coop when he collapsed and died) carrying a big bunch of red, white and blue flowers. He cut such a lonely figure that day. I have had respect for him since.

I was too young to see the best of Cooper but remember him well as the player you went to see and missed until Laudrup showed up.

Once had the privilege of seeing the great man training for Clydebank on university pitches in knightswood. A mate phoned about it and we sat outside the gate watching, lol

Cheers for posting the video bud. I remember him not being the quickest but with a great switch of pace that would take him away from most. You can see it in the video. But he doesn't look as if he had a problem with pace at all.

Tragic that he died so young, brought a lot of joy to people, and no doubt had a lot to pass on in football.