are we going to have to look at Hearts and think "why can't we do that?" after they sign a shirt sponsorship deal that allows them to carry a Save the Children logo instead of a commerical company?

At least the way they have rescued and structured their club gives us something to aim at.

I'd say that one of our main problems was not only the people taking over the club post admin, but also the whole stockmarket listing and selling of shares to dozens of mysterious holding companies, making the entrance of an Ann Budge or the like rather difficult.

The main problem was that those taking over did not have the club's well-being at heart and it remains an unfortunate coincidence that during admin, King still had his assets frozen and the likes of Kennedy and McColl appeared only after everything was signed and sealed between admins and Green.

Far to many "if onlys", yet we can't do anything about it now and will have to look for a better future and make sure that 2011 and 2012 will never happen again. And while we should give Hearts and their support credit, we can more or less safely say that in five years time, their trophy room and status will have remained that of a size relevant for a Heart of Midlothian FC.

not for me, i dont doubt for one second we will outstrip them both commercially and in honours. Can they find a commercial sponser?

Doesn't alter the premise. A fat heavyweight boxer who never trains will beat a hard working flyweight. But that doesn't mean the heavyweight is right.

The situation with Hearts was different from ours, not the same interest from buyers for obvious reasons, Fortunately for them it probably helped keep away the wrong type of businessmen. I'm not sure how much we raised through the fighting fund but think it was a good few hundred grand quickly raised. I was late getting to Ibrox for the first game afterwards because of the crowds and the club deck had to be reopened. The support really rallied behind the club through all this but has been badly let down. Not sure how much has been spent but remember very well feeling gutted when it was reported 70 million in under two seasons. I know the running costs of both clubs are completely different but they'd be going up with a new stadium and one of their best ever sides if they had the backing of our support. The papers and demented hint at this negative comparison between us and Hearts fans but its a bit of a non argument to me. If our support was matched by competency at board level we'd be in good shape. I also predict we'll be above Hearts soon enough :)

Edited by The Deedle

The situation with Hearts was different from ours, not the same interest from buyers for obvious reasons, Fortunately for them it probably helped keep away the wrong type of businessmen. I'm not sure how much we raised through the fighting fund but think it was a good few hundred grand quickly raised. I was late getting to Ibrox for the first game afterwards because of the crowds and the club deck had to be reopened. The support really rallied behind the club through all this but has been badly let down. Not sure how much has been spent but remember very well feeling gutted when it was reported 70 million in under two seasons. I know the running costs of both clubs are completely different but they'd be going up with a new stadium and one of their best ever sides if they had the backing of our support. The papers and demented hint at this negative comparison between us and Hearts fans but its a bit of a non argument to me. If our support was matched by competency at board level we'd be in good shape. I also predict we'll be above Hearts soon enough :)

Unfortunately I predicted we would still win the league by 20 points this season, so I will now keep my predictions to myself.:redface:

Just read this thread again and think I owe the op a wee apology. Did not mean to compare your view to the papers and the demented. In fact think I must have had a wee turn as my post does not even really relate to yours, lol

Mind all the glorious Hearts stuff was irritating me at the time right enough but can't see what we could have done differently. The debts and sale were all down to an owner who had complete control. Maybe if he wasn't as credible we would have been more vocal but doubt it would have made a massive difference. A boycott is our only real weapon and whyte wouldn't have let that put him off. Hopefully the fan involvement at boardroom level will mean this can't happen again. The rest has been down to mismanagement and lack of planning which has been abysmal in comparison to Hearts but that's because we were taken over by a bunch of greedy clowns. But we've managed to remove them now so here's hoping.

Edited by The Deedle