Just read this thread again and think I owe the op a wee apology. Did not mean to compare your view to the papers and the demented. In fact think I must have had a wee turn as my post does not even really relate to yours, lol

Mind all the glorious Hearts stuff was irritating me at the time right enough but can't see what we could have done differently. The debts and sale were all down to an owner who had complete control. Maybe if he wasn't as credible we would have been more vocal but doubt it would have made a massive difference. A boycott is our only real weapon and whyte wouldn't have let that put him off. Hopefully the fan involvement at boardroom level will mean this can't happen again. The rest has been down to mismanagement and lack of planning which has been abysmal in comparison to Hearts but that's because we were taken over by a bunch of greedy clowns. But we've managed to remove them now so here's hoping.

No apology needed, bud - I didn't think you were calling me demented. Although I do disagree to a certain extend about the fans. Overall, I think the Rangers fans have been magnificent throughout this entire debacle; supporting the club when it needed to be and boycotting the board when it needed to be. For a period there, the fans were the only recognisable thing of the club. However, there is a schizophrenia in our support that simply isn't there among the Jambos.

As soon as they got the chance, they unified, acted and got the job done. We, on the other hand, seem to be divided into two groups. The people whose only interest is the well-being of Rangers and those who will blindly follow follow whatever the power structure of the day happens to be and will defend the indefensible for longer than is mentally healthy. These people will put their own egos, politics and personal agendas before the good of the club no matter how much damage they cause.

Unfortunately I predicted we would still win the league by 20 points this season, so I will now keep my predictions to myself.:redface:

based on what exactly though?

we couldn't even win the bells challenge cup.

based on what exactly though?

we couldn't even win the bells challenge cup.

Based on a previous season where we went unbeaten throughout a league campaign, despite not exactly excelling on the pitch. Thus, pete might have expected the players to actually raise their game by a gear or two with Premiership footie in sight and new contracts to be won. The shambles that followed on and off the park were a shock to all of us though.

Based on a previous season where we went unbeaten throughout a league campaign, despite not exactly excelling on the pitch. Thus, pete might have expected the players to actually raise their game by a gear or two with Premiership footie in sight and new contracts to be won. The shambles that followed on and off the park were a shock to all of us though.

No shock to me. I predicted Hearts would win.

Not a shock to us all at all.

No apology needed, bud - I didn't think you were calling me demented. Although I do disagree to a certain extend about the fans. Overall, I think the Rangers fans have been magnificent throughout this entire debacle; supporting the club when it needed to be and boycotting the board when it needed to be. For a period there, the fans were the only recognisable thing of the club. However, there is a schizophrenia in our support that simply isn't there among the Jambos.

As soon as they got the chance, they unified, acted and got the job done. We, on the other hand, seem to be divided into two groups. The people whose only interest is the well-being of Rangers and those who will blindly follow follow whatever the power structure of the day happens to be and will defend the indefensible for longer than is mentally healthy. These people will put their own egos, politics and personal agendas before the good of the club no matter how much damage they cause.

I see what you mean. Remember reading an article about Rangers supporters helping Hamburg with supporter group structure in the 70s as well, lol. Maybe there's a case for saying we lacked unity and so did not respond as well as possible. I'm not sure though as I think our groups were probably involved at some level with the wealthy bears and the fighting fund was a good idea. We rarely looked like we had no buyer so a complete fan backed takeover probably never occurred to most of us. Just the difference in scale with our club compared to Hearts. I was more disappointed in the bids from wealthy bears which if reports were accurate included one that involved ticketus and future European income. But the administration was dodgy and Green was maybe being kept in the loop so his bid always won.

I'm fully supportive of the new board but someone should have said to Murray they had concerns about his spending. From a personal point of view I remember looking at a bench lined with guys like Tugay and Kanchelskis and thinking this much be costing a fortune but more being annoyed at the waste. Murray was so credible though that I couldn't have imagined this level of damage being done. I knew we would downsize because of the debt but thought our future would be safe. I imagine inside Ibrox people were probably reluctant to question such a successful person.

They did come out against whyte and we should probably have done something then but the media gave him the green light. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why the weasel moved into a castle. I think being just football fans, and supporters of a club that had all seemed to have good people at the helm made us unaware how bad things could be. I think your right about how loyal we stay but you probably need a balance. If everyone boycotted then the damage might have been much worse.

Hopefully something decent can come of all this though in terms of the support and club. Board representation and some type of club constitution with limits on club debts, % of income to youth and scouting, and that type of thing. I don't really know all the politics with different groups and egos, but I'd hope they'd manage to put the club first when it came to serious business. I've always thought most of it was internet related as I'd have remembered hearing a bear sticking up for the Easdales or Ashley at games. Even online only that rent a blog Mcmurdo and a few cranks on other forums backed the old board.

Edited by The Deedle

dB - I respect your knowledge, experience and commitment to Rangers but for once you are utterly wrong.

I know a bit about Peterhead, a worthy small town club just like my own first team (a bit better, if I'm honest) but any side purporting to be the Rangers should have slaughtered them yesterday, today or tomorrow.

That first day performance set the standard for the following seasons. The way the Jambolians have been about their business is the way Rangers should have done it. Competence with an occasional bit of style is what I expected. The football management failed completely.

Edited by Scott7