What a Relief - Rangers are Back

I read on here of reputable posters thinking the opposite. Not sure what they think now.

McCall is our manager like it or lump it.

I like it. :)

I admit to saying it was an underwhelming appointment at the time and long term would hope for a better appointment, but in the meantime he gets his chance and has got off to a good start. Yet its still very early. So far so good yet that was always going to happen for 2 reasons. 1) impossible not to improve on what we had prior and 2) A new manager always brings a lift.

Edited by Gribz

I read on here of reputable posters thinking the opposite. Not sure what they think now.

McCall is our manager like it or lump it.

I like it. :)

he is definitely bringing me round. If he continues to improve the team the way he has and has them perform in the playoffs then i would be happy to see him stay. Been impressed by the way he has brought competition for places back, some of the players look like different people.

McCall may not have been the most inspirational of appointments but there's no doubt he's done a good job. He's picked his own players, changed tactics when required and his effect on the team is clear to see. The players are working harder, are more confident and results have improved.

However, for McCall, the job isn't done. Only promotion will give him a shot at the full-time position. Anything else and he's failed - simple as that.

As it stands, McCall deserves credit for putting us in pole position but there remains a tough road ahead.

Are you justifying my previous post about 'reputable posters' or are you shying from it?

Stuart McCall has worked miracles for Rangers in a very short time of allowance, you're not saying some bloke from Germany or anywhere else would have done better than Stu surely?

I'm saying what I specifically said in that post.

McCall may not have been the most inspirational of appointments but there's no doubt he's done a good job. He's picked his own players, changed tactics when required and his effect on the team is clear to see. The players are working harder, are more confident and results have improved.

However, for McCall, the job isn't done. Only promotion will give him a shot at the full-time position. Anything else and he's failed - simple as that.

As it stands, McCall deserves credit for putting us in pole position but there remains a tough road ahead.

Do you think he is the manager long term to overthrow Celtic, to have us playing the football we require and get us challenging at some sort of level in Europe again?

Do you think he is the manager long term to overthrow Celtic, to have us playing the football we require and get us challenging at some sort of level in Europe again?

No, I don't think so. Like I say, there may be more inspirational appointments out there.

However, if he manages us to promotion then he may be entitled to the opportunity and, so far at least, he seems to be capable enough. There has been improvement throughout the team and tactics so who knows what he could achieve with better players.

If we're promoted then it will be a difficult decision for the board.

Did anyone in their wildest dreams think that the appointment of Alex McLeish would enable us to take on, and beat regularly, Martin Oneills side who were 20 points clear of us, while our club was downsizing and in massive debt?

You never know what manager is going to work out well. Some managers fit really well into a certain club and not so in others, and some good managers just can't get things to work at other clubs. It is not an exact science.

The current Celtic side is one of their worst in history, and won't take much catching. Any decent manager who knows what we are all about and fits in well enough can take on, and beat, Ronnie the fist-pumpers really average imposters. We just need to get there and improve with some shrewd additions and one or two clever buys and we can challenge them immediately. As for the rest of the Premiership sides, utter dross without exception who we will easily beat over the course of the season.

I reckon we could have given them a game at Hampden the way we are now.

I didn't fancy McCall as Manager especially long term, but if we get promoted I think he will be offered the job and I couldn't argue against the appointment.

No, I don't think so. Like I say, there may be more inspirational appointments out there.

However, if he manages us to promotion then he may be entitled to the opportunity and, so far at least, he seems to be capable enough. There has been improvement throughout the team and tactics so who knows what he could achieve with better players.

If we're promoted then it will be a difficult decision for the board.

All that should matter is getting the very possible candidate. Given we still have one failure of a manager on the payroll milking us for millions, I would suggest we forget what we feel people may deserve and concentrate on restoring us to glory.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Did anyone in their wildest dreams think that the appointment of Alex McLeish would enable us to take on, and beat regularly, Martin Oneills side who were 20 points clear of us, while our club was downsizing and in massive debt?

You never know what manager is going to work out well. Some managers fit really well into a certain club and not so in others, and some good managers just can't get things to work at other clubs. It is not an exact science.

The current Celtic side is one of their worst in history, and won't take much catching. Any decent manager who knows what we are all about and fits in well enough can take on, and beat, Ronnie the fist-pumpers really average imposters. We just need to get there and improve with some shrewd additions and one or two clever buys and we can challenge them immediately. As for the rest of the Premiership sides, utter dross without exception who we will easily beat over the course of the season.

MON holds the record consecutive victories in the old firm. Eck did well with Advocaat's team but he was a disaster after that. Most of his signings were atrocious.

When we were 'downsizing' we were wasting fortunes on Mladenovic, Capucho, Emerson, Maniero, Ostenstad, Eggen etc.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy