Daily Record back page - Amo Makes Me Sick

Pointless mud-slinging but anything to sell a few books I guess.

That might be the idea or it might not. It's difficult to say because he might just be being badly advised by his agent/s.

This doesn't seem like a particularly good advert for a book, although cheap and tasteless sensationalism does sell well to the masses in general.

I've no interest in taking sides in this but Amo is no angel. In the Spring of 2000 he gave an interview to the Rangers News to the effect that 'when Rangers decide they are finished with you they kick you in the nuts (or something like that)'.

The girl who did the interview was a blonde girl who used to sit in the main stand (Lyn? Some of the guys will remember who I'm talking about). She was Iain Kings assistant at the News back then.

Advocaat called Amo in with Iain King and the blonde girl (whose name I forget). I was actually in Ibrox that day on a much more trivial matter and I remember it was Durie's leaving do and they had to wait for the meeting to finish before they could go on their bash.

Anyway Advocaat asked Amo if he had anything to say. "Yes" was his reply "I want her sacked. She is a liar. I didn't say that."

At which point Iain King switched on the tape which had been used to record the bold Amo's words which proved he was lying and was willing to let the girl get sacked.

Shortly after Iain King left the News to go to The Sun and I don't know where the girl went.

I remember Amo fondly as a player but not as a man. just my opinion.

Edited by Anchorman

I've no interest in taking sides in this but Amo is no angel. In the Spring of 2000 he gave an interview to the Rangers News to the effect that 'when Rangers decide they are finished with you they kick you in the nuts (or something like that)'.

The girl who did the interview was a blonde girl who used to sit in the main stand (Lyn? Some of the guys will remember who I'm talking about). She was Iain Kings assistant at the News back then.

Advocaat called Amo in with Iain King and the blonde girl (whose name I forget). I was actually in Ibrox that day on a much more trivial matter and I remember it was Durie's leaving do and they had to wait for the meeting to finish before they could go on their bash.

Anyway Advocaat asked Amo if he had anything to say. "Yes" was his reply "I want her sacked. She is a liar. I didn't say that."

At which point Iain King switched on the tape which had been used to record the bold Amo's words which proved he was lying and was willing to let the girl get sacked.

Shortly after Iain King left the News to go to The Sun and I don't know where the girl went.

I remember Amo fondly as a player but not as a man. just my opinion.

Are you talking about Lindsey Archibald who now works for the Daily Record mate?

I met him recently and he told me he had been very immature during that time and that what happened when he was at Rangers had been the biggest regret of his career and he would love to chance to to redo the decisions he made back then. He struck me as a genuine and sincere guy.

It may well be the case that he is a nice chap whereas Amoruso is an awful egomaniac.

What is certainly the case is that he didn't kick a ball for a few years while walking away with loads of cash for his trouble. Amoruso achieved a lot on the pitch for us despite having the captaincy taken from him by his manager.

It could very well be Zappa. Do you recall if she she used to sit in the main stand - always dressed very business like?

As ranger_syntax rightly pointed out, she worked for the Club, so she probably did sit in the main stand dressed very smartly.