The 3rd Semi Annual Gersnet Dinner with Guest, Rangers Historian, Robert McElroy

IMPORTANT EDIT 3 MAY 2015 - DATE CHANGE TO 17 MAY 2015

As a result of Rangers finishing 3rd in the League, the date of the dinner has been moved to Sunday the 17th of May which is the date of our home game in the Play-Off Quarter Final. The dinner will be at 5.30pm for 6.00pm except in case of extra time when it will be 6.00pm for 6.30pm.

The venue is the Indian Brasserie Restaurant, 560 Paisley Road West, Glasgow G51 1RF (just round the corner from Copland Rd).

The owner will close the restaurant for us (up to 9.00pm) if we can bring at least 20 people.

Menu

Spiced poppadoms will be provided as we gather.

They will then offer a Chefs Platter of Starters consisting of: Mixed Pakora; Chicken Chaat, Aloo Tikki, Seekh Kebaba and Chicken Tikka.

Guests will then have a free choice from the full a la carte menu featuring: Tandoori chicken, lamb, king prawns etc; and a full range of cooked to order in-house specials including Korma, Bhoona, Biryani, Chasni, Jaipuri, Masala, Nashli, Malaidar, Shakuti, Rogan Josh, Balti, Patia, Dhansac etc.

Nan bread, chapattis and boiled rice as required.

European dishes are available if required:

• Sirloin Steak
  • Breaded Haddock & Chips
  • Chicken & Chips

but these need to be pre-ordered.

A variety of Desserts will be available including the traditional Indian hot Gulab Jamin with ice cream.

Guest Speaker

Rangers Historian, Robert McElroy “the standard bearer for Rangers historians everywhere” http://www.thegallantpioneers.co.uk/ has very kindly agreed (or to put it another way he’ll do anything for a free meal) to be our Guest of Honour. Assuming we get the required numbers to have the restaurant to ourselves, he will give a talk on "Rangers: The War Years". If we don’t have the restaurant to ourselves then he will set a Rangers Quiz and will be open to questions from the floor.

Price & Payment

The price for all of the above will be an extremely modest £10.75 per person.

In view of the low price I do not propose to take deposits on this occasion but if anyone pays and subsequently gives reasonable notice of cancellation we should be able to arrange a refund.

For those who have attended the previous dinners the same bank details will apply for payment. Please quote your Gersnet name as a reference. For anyone who hasn’t saved those details or newcomers please PM me for the bank account details.

Please post to the thread when you have sent payment and I will confirm.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
DATE CHANGE

Superb work BH

Is that the title of the talk you want Robert to give, GS? :D

Seriously, it's a pleasure but as I said on previous occasions I'd rather judgement was reserved till the night.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Unfortunately the date means I will be unlikely to attend but I'm sure everyone will have a great time at what sounds like another superb evening. An amazing price as well to be honest - usually costs around that for the curry on its own!

Unfortunately the date means I will be unlikely to attend but I'm sure everyone will have a great time at what sounds like another superb evening. An amazing price as well to be honest - usually costs around that for the curry on its own!

Yes it is a great deal and I have made allowance in that price to pay for our guest.

Hopefully you might yet be able to make it but if not perhaps some or all of the 3 you brought along last time can still get there.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Should we just pay £15 each and use the balance to cover (some) drinks?

That's a reasonable suggestion JC but not everyone may wish to do that then it becomes a bit awkward. I was toying with doing that but wanted to keep the basic price as low as possible. There is also the situation that some will only drink soft drinks so it wouldn't really be fair.

We are carrying a small surplus as you can see made up of numbers being above the break even last time, a few odd 50p's and interest received.

The break even this time to cover the guest is 12 people.