Keith Jackson: It's time Rangers supremo Dave King revealed his Ibrox masterplan

I would like to see King and Desmond, Rangers and Celtic, sitting down together to address the fact the the future is going to be a bleak place for both of them unless something changes.

Currently, Scotland has two major clubs with enormous drawing power, but they are slowly dying. Competing with each other generates interest, but when the clubs enter the European stage, they do so in a bid to chase income - not glory.

Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Manchester, Munich and London are European cities that belong at football's top table, but Glasgow has to feed off its crumbs.

Anyone who owns Rangers or Celtic really has to sit down and think about this.

I would like to see King and Desmond, Rangers and Celtic, sitting down together to address the fact the the future is going to be a bleak place for both of them unless something changes.

Currently, Scotland has two major clubs with enormous drawing power, but they are slowly dying. Competing with each other generates interest, but when the clubs enter the European stage, they do so in a bid to chase income - not glory.

Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Manchester, Munich and London are European cities that belong at football's top table, but Glasgow has to feed off its crumbs.

It is simply sheer madness that a country the size of Scotland has a top division that doesn't have its two biggest clubs in it.

Financial reasons alone dictate that in terms of TV deals, sponsorships etc.. Yet that is what those clowns Regan & Doncaster allowed to happen in the summer of 2012.Had the SFA had chief executive been fit-for purpose he(or she) would have shown leadership at that time.Allowing Rangers to get put in SFL3 was lunacy.

But we all know why don't we? Because Liewell pulls the strings and getting Rangers out of the way allowed his club a free crack at the CL every year. But at what price has the come to the rest? They have no money and half empty stadiums every week. The days are long gone when clubs could survive on gate money alone so sponsorships, TV money etc is crucial. And with no Rangers there's no chance of that.

The professional game is dying in Scotland. Everyone can see that but no one wants to do what is needed to stop it's inevitable death

Edited by RANGERRAB

Perhaps we were feeding off the crumbs of Europe's elite 10 years ago. Now it's a surprise if either side wins a match in the Europa League.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Rab, your inability or unwillingness to digest or accept answers to the same old questions, over and over and over again, needs examined. I, for one, have grown tired of opening threads that you are involved in, and I can't be arsed posting much now. You spoil it for so many people. When you get an answer from LOTS of people, either write it down somewhere, or question it if you disagree. But please stop causing long threads over and over with the same comments, just to get the same answers. You are very tiring at times.

Edited by Anchorman

Rab, your inability or unwillingness to digest or accept answers to the same old questions, over and over and over again, needs examined. I, for one, have grown tired of opening threads that you are involved in, and I can't be arsed posting much now. You spoil it for so many people. When you get an answer from LOTS of people, either write it down somewhere, or question it if you disagree. But please stop causing long threads over and over with the same comments, just to get the same answers. You are very tiring at times.

In my experience on here I find Rab to be on the button mostly, he's perfectly correct in his analysis in post #23 and is only trying to get his message through to those who refuse to listen like yourself.

Liewell pulls the strings and getting Rangers out of the way allows his club a free crack at the CL every year. What part of that do you annoyingly not understand?

He already has been cleared by the Courts as a FAPP. On what grounds would the SFA reject a decision made by the courts ?? Oh, wait....

There is no relationship whatsoever between the two. The Court was dealing with a technicality over the names of the old and new companies, the SFA have specific F&P criteria and in any event are a law unto themselves as others would have it.

AIM would have been an even bigger hurdle but he managed to avoid that by being unable to find a NOMAD, he can't avoid the SFA if he wants to have control over the Club.

I would assume that the renewal "drive" will really start once we know which league we are going to play in. Likewise will it have impact on investment plans, search for a manager and new players. So do not be surprised if the info handed out till then will be rather general, well, at least when it comes to the first team.

And we may not know that until the 31st of May.

So one way to go might be to invite renewals at the Championship price so that they could get money in at the beginning of May and then say there would be an adjustment/premium if we are promoted.

I agree with RAB most of the time and although, he, I, Bearman and a few others may be in a minority even a signifiicant minority on here does not make us wrong.

Nobody is forcing you to read RAB's posts or mine for that matter.

Perhaps we were feeding off the crumbs of Europe's elite 10 years ago. Now it's a surprise if either side wins a match in the Europa League.

Celtic have won some matches and you might even say punched above Scotland's weight in the Europa League this season but looking ahead to the day when we return to Europe the best we can probably hope for would be ELQ2 where we might face teams from Russia, Ukraine, Holland, Turkey, Belgium, Greece etc and if we qualified as 3rd in the SPFL we would be in the ELQ1 where we might have to go to Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Bosnia, etc and these would not be comfortable games at all. The chances of us getting through 3 or 4 qualifying rounds at the first time of asking have to be fairly remote I'd say. Even more so in the unlikely event of it being the CL.