STV Grant - Stewart Regan - King Fit & Proper chat

Grant Russell @STVGrant · 16 mins 16 minutes ago

Regan: "We are in discussions with Rangers and advisors. We are gathering information from club and Dave King."

Regan: "When we have all of that information, board will consider it and decide whether or not prepared to accept him as fit and proper".

Regan: "Not in position to put a timescale on it. When we've got the information, we will decide."

Regan: [We need] any evidence from Mr King which will support why he believes he is fit and proper in consideration to list of criteria."

Regan: "We are seeking evidence and when we have that evidence, we will deal with it".

Regan: "[Tax convictions] obviously a challenge for him and the club to try and present a case whereby the board can view it positively."

Regan: "Paul Murray equally is being considered given he was a director of a football club in an insolvency event in previous five years".

]They're not saying NO to King though are they?[/B]And insolvency was due to Whyte & Whyte alone. PM was well gone by the time administration happened

Not yet. But it will come, IMO.

Edited by MoodyBlue

Not yet. But it will come, IMO.

If they refuse King fit and proper status all hell will break loose. It wouldn't surprise me if you are right, but they better be ready for the unintended consequences of continuing to apply a size 12 to the head of Rangers

To think the SFA did nothing like this to prevent Whyte taking control nearly four years ago.

Will no one ask them that question?

If they had done, we would all have been screaming to lay off, it's none of their business etc. etc.

After the fact we were all screaming that they stood by and did nothing.

Now with one or two notable exceptions we are screaming at them to rubber-stamp DK's appointment.

My message to the SFA? Get on with it. DK tried to skip round some tax burden in RSA. We all know it. Rangers shareholders are content (most of them). The Court of Session is content. Let the guy get on the park.

If they refuse King fit and proper status all hell will break loose. It wouldn't surprise me if you are right, but they better be ready for the unintended consequences of continuing to apply a size 12 to the head of Rangers

Why would all hell break loose Craig ?

The content and criteria of the articles have been known for some time - notwithstanding the insolvency part, King has ben convicted of crimes (offences against the South African Income Tax Act) which are liable to imprisonment of 2 or more years.

(h) he has been convicted within the last 10 years of (i) an offence liable to

imprisonment of two years or over, (ii) corruption or (iii) fraud;

He's holding how many director-ships at this moment and time? He has asked a Court of Session to double check whether he is fit and proper to be a business' director and able to run a company (along with other directors and NOT as a sole person like Whyte or Romanov), i.e. people who know what they are doing. Can we really envisage some half-brains at the SPFL going to cast this and his status quo aside and rule him unfit? Any such reasoning will sure come under very close scrutiny ... but at the end of the day, THEY are the "custodians" of the game and running the show and go mostly be their own rules and guidelines.

I think we can expect that he will not run away from the club if they throw stones into King's way. The question then would be what kind of grip/leverage will he have on the club? In that respect, the outcome of the SFA vs the club (i.e. Ashley, Rangers, Newcastle, Llambias) stuff will make interesting reading.

He's holding how many director-ships at this moment and time? He has asked a Court of Session to double check whether he is fit and proper to be a business' director and able to run a company (along with other directors and NOT as a sole person like Whyte or Romanov), i.e. people who know what they are doing. Can we really envisage some half-brains at the SPFL going to cast this and his status quo aside and rule him unfit? Any such reasoning will sure come under very close scrutiny ... but at the end of the day, THEY are the "custodians" of the game and running the show and go mostly be their own rules and guidelines.

I think we can expect that he will not run away from the club if they throw stones into King's way. The question then would be what kind of grip/leverage will he have on the club? In that respect, the outcome of the SFA vs the club (i.e. Ashley, Rangers, Newcastle, Llambias) stuff will make interesting reading.

The Court of Session verdict was to do with the oldco insolvencty. Nothing else.