Rangers U20 3 v Dundee 1

Rangers Youth

‏@RFC_Youth

FT: @RangersFC U20 3:1 @dundeefconline (Boyd x2, O.G) The Gers take the points in tonight's Development League match. Boyd at the double!

Kelly, Sinnamon, Mills, Mbabu, Streete, Hutton, Aird, Ferguson, Boyd, Ramsey, Gallagher.

I find that hard to believe when you see how physically out of shape he is, a total disgrace.

I'm not sure whether he really ever was "that much" fitter. These new close-fitting jerseys just reveal more of the players. Now, sarcasm aside, he could well have had 20 goals this season, if for an utter lack of finishing power, luck and touch. If go back and watch the highlights, he was always there or thereabouts, hitting man, wood, metal or keepers, rather than the net. He never was the all-out marauding and running striker, but the clinical finisher in the box. Every video will reveal that. For whatever reason, he lost his touch this season and that is essentially the coup de grace for a striker's career.

On the other hand, as I pointed out after our last game, we sorely miss(ed) a decent poacher and penalty-area type of chap, as Clark, Miller and Co. are running all over the place, but 5 out of 10 times when a ball comes into the danger area, Clark or Miller (much like Little was, BTW) are somewhere else. A Daly, Boyd, Hateley, McCoist type of player would remain in the middle. Hardie changed that somewhat, but we sure need to adress that.

I'm not sure whether he really ever was "that much" fitter. These new close-fitting jerseys just reveal more of the players. Now, sarcasm aside, he could well have had 20 goals this season, if for an utter lack of finishing power, luck and touch. If go back and watch the highlights, he was always there or thereabouts, hitting man, wood, metal or keepers, rather than the net. He never was the all-out marauding and running striker, but the clinical finisher in the box. Every video will reveal that. For whatever reason, he lost his touch this season and that is essentially the coup de grace for a striker's career.

On the other hand, as I pointed out after our last game, we sorely miss(ed) a decent poacher and penalty-area type of chap, as Clark, Miller and Co. are running all over the place, but 5 out of 10 times when a ball comes into the danger area, Clark or Miller (much like Little was, BTW) are somewhere else. A Daly, Boyd, Hateley, McCoist type of player would remain in the middle. Hardie changed that somewhat, but we sure need to adress that.

You've summed him up perfectly. He does require service; and the right type of service at that. His touch has always been poor, but his finishing has deteriorated; whether that is down to the type of service or age, I couldn't speculate.

I'd keep him.

I find that hard to believe when you see how physically out of shape he is, a total disgrace.

He was always a heavier built player and a bit cumbersome looking on the ball at times, but we've seen some good play and nice touches from him this season even although it's been disappointing for both him and us in terms of his goal tally.

You've summed him up perfectly. He does require service; and the right type of service at that. His touch has always been poor, but his finishing has deteriorated; whether that is down to the type of service or age, I couldn't speculate.

I'd keep him.

His touch has always been poor at times, but very good at others. At the beginning of this season he was providing some lovely assists for Clark and others, but not banging in the goals himself like we were expecting him to. I think his initial goal drought this season really effected him mentally because he was under a lot of pressure to score goals and it just wasn't happening for him for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately, that bad start has effected his whole season because he was dropped to give others a chance and there's been virtually no way back for him.

Edited by Zappa

We are creating chances as a team again - IMO now is the time to bring Boydy in to fire us to the SPL.

The reason we are creating chances is because Boyd is not in the team. No thanks for me.