Poor Journalism or Institutional Hatred ?

Rangers blundered into an elephant trap and now all the pygmies are dancing round the pit with poisoned arrows. They're loving it.

After this EGM one thing this board must do is appoint a high profile CEO who will not be afraid to confront the constant stream of lies and deliberate inaccuracies from our enemies whose aim is as always to besmirch Rangers in whatever way possible.

Edited by RANGERRAB

After this EGM one thing this board must do is appoint a high profile CEO who will not be afraid to confront the constant stream of lies and deliberate inaccuracies from our enemies whose aim is as always to besmirch Rangers in whatever way possible.

I'm afraid that in the short term this board has more to worry them than pulling up each yahoo tooting his own form of bile.

It will be left to the D'Arts of this world for the short term, to push out the barge and defend our club.

Maybe next season, eh?

I'm afraid that in the short term this board has more to worry them than pulling up each yahoo tooting his own form of bile.

It will be left to the D'Arts of this world for the short term, to push out the barge and defend our club.

Maybe next season, eh?

Yes probably next season. I hope we've a high profile CEO and a first team manager who has significantly improved things on the park.Let's hope that's not too much to ask.

Edited by RANGERRAB

As a long term listener and fan of 5 my post is intended as a snapshot of my perception of the direction the station has taken not a thesis on it. My perceptions are not limited to how they report football, far from it. The skew is obvious (to me) across the spectrum. I listen to it daily. I simply expect balanced reporting on all issues from our national broadcaster - the institution that makes me pay a licence fee for the privilege of them pontificating to me! But when they give me Greenslade and his likes I have to baulk.

Some points -

1. I had no idea Roddy Forsyth is considered pro Rangers. I don't mind the guy but he has got my back up plenty of times with his views on us.

2. Gordon Smith could hardly be called a regular on 5.

3. Stuart McCall - as above.

4. Terry Butcher - as above. His link to 5 is primarily due to his captaincy of England.

5. Sutton was invited on to an entertainment show on 5, not a football show, as a guest for a 30 minute slot. Producer says to self - Oh yes, I know who we need this week.....Chris Sutton, that will pull the punters in..............dream on! All about contacts and scratching backs!

P.S. Forget LOs, you would not understand, not in a million years!

People like you baffle me. This isn't hard, if you don't like it don't listen to it, it's not compulsory. Stuart McCall and Terry Butcher were both regulars on Five Live when both were out of management, and Smith regularly pops up, usually speaking about us. Forsyth is as pro-Rangers as Nevin is pro-Celtic.

The only skew on Five Live is toward England, both their top league and their FA.

Believe me I didn't mistake your post for a thesis.