Poor Journalism or Institutional Hatred ?

Radio 5 Live is the perfect example. Their anti-union, anti-LOs, anti-Rangers bias is becoming more obvious by the day. The presenters, their "guests", their "pundits" are all cherry picked and obviously no friends of the Union or Rangers. Campbell's opinions in particular have flip-flopped completely since he did the "who do think you are ?" TV show.

Regular pundits include - Nevin, Hartson, Lennon and others. A recent radio show guest was Sutton. Why Sutton, who gives a flying one about him apart from you know who! Jobs for the bhoys and ghirls!

It's no accident either. A road is being paved..........

Yes the selection of guests to talk about Rangers is another interesting angle which I didnt even go into.

Chris Graham provides really interesting insight into that one.

everybody hates us get used to it , I could not care less any more .

So we should get used to organisations and journalists waging a war of hatred against our club ?

We should allow journalists to peddle the "new club" lie on a media platform we pay for and we shouldnt care any more ?

Biased journalist seems to me to be an oxymoron. If you're biased, you're not a journalist - maybe that's what distinguishes a "columnist".

I'm not so sure. I agree there is quite a difference in definition and job responsibility, but I still think all news reporters are biased to a certain extent. In simple terms a Journalist would report news, but how they report it (tone, word choice etc.) will be refection of their own feelings and beliefs on the matter.

So we should get used to organisations and journalists waging a war of hatred against our club ?

We should allow journalists to peddle the "new club" lie on a media platform we pay for and we shouldnt care any more ?

If it's their opinion they can say what they want. If their peddling an outright lie as fact, then that's shoddy journalism and shouldn't be tolerated. I wouldn't go so far as say their is "a war of hatred against our club", simply a group of 'journalists, columnists, commentators, that have an anti-Rangers viewpoint. They're entitled to there opinion, but they shouldn't be allowed to write outright lies. It's certainly grating, but that's because we don't agree with it; it doesn't give us the right to get an individual 'banned' or 'shut-down' for an opinion.

Edited by Rousseau

I'm not so sure. I agree there is quite a difference in definition and job responsibility, but I still think all news reporters are biased to a certain extent. In simple terms a Journalist would report news, but how they report it (tone, word choice etc.) will be refection of their own feelings and beliefs on the matter.

I somewhat agree with you but feel a truly professional journalist with any integrity for his position, would put aside petty biases and try to report what he sees as objectively as possible. He should be self aware enough to recognise his feelings which blind the real view on things and counter them to give his audience a fair and accurate picture, if nothing else. There are special columns for opinion.

People have to do this in all professions - you should never let your prejudices taint your work. The problem with these "journalists" is that they are not fit for purpose - they don't deliver news at all, they deliver lies instead. That's a completely different profession.

If it's their opinion they can say what they want. If their peddling an outright lie as fact, then that's shoddy journalism and shouldn't be tolerated. I wouldn't go so far as say their is "a war of hatred against our club", simply a group of 'journalists, columnists, commentators, that have an anti-Rangers viewpoint. They're entitled to there opinion, but they shouldn't be allowed to write outright lies. It's certainly grating, but that's because we don't agree with it; it doesn't give us the right to get an individual 'banned' or 'shut-down' for an opinion.

It's not an opinion when its already been shown as erroneous by that media organisation's governing body. Its not an opinion when it runs contrary to the rulings of all the football governing bodies (bar none) both at home and abroad.

Furthermore it shows a lack of journalistic professionalism (probably integrity) that they cannot apply the legal precedents over UEFA's treatment of Fiorentina to the Rangers situation.

Which is all the more surprising when one of the proponents of the "new club" lie has apparently referred to the "long & illustrious" European pedigree of the Italian club.

Edited by D'Artagnan