Ibrox fans will step up and pay says Rangers fans chief

RANGERS fans were today backed to step up and pay after Dave King's season ticket rallying call ahead of the new campaign.

The Ibrox chairman launched the sales drive on Monday as he outlined his plans for the future of the club and has set an ambitious target in a bid to bring in £13million from supporters this summer.

King hopes to sell around 45,000 season books for Rangers' second campaign in the Championship and will use the cash to fund the huge rebuilding job that is required on the park.

Craig Houston of the Sons of Struth, told SportTimes: "He said in his next sentence that he didn't know if that was attainable, but it would be great if we got to that level. I think if we could get to 40,000 then that would be a superb result.

"If we could get full houses for 18 home games next season that would go some way to getting us to the positive situation that the club needs on and off the park.

"We know that our biggest role as fans is supporting the club and a lot of that comes through season ticket money.

"First and foremost, what happens on the park will always be the biggest driver for the success of a football club.

"If we get a manager that the fans buy into and we see some positive signs, then the fans will play their part financially."

King confirmed that he will plough in more money at Ibrox, and expects the Three Bears consortium of Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor to also provide additional funds as every area of the club benefits from much-needed investment in the coming years. The South Africa-based businessman has a long-term plan to return Rangers to the top of Scottish football and Houston knows the fans will also have to play their part by giving their cash to the club.

He said: "It was warming to hear him say that he is willing to put his hand in his pocket, and that there are others willing to, but we need to be sustainable in the long-term.

"Of the three main income streams there are, we only have one at the moment, and that is tickets.

"Until we are back in Europe, the television money is non-existent, and until we sort out the Sports Direct deal, then merchandise revenue is almost non-existent.

"The main income stream is tickets and he explained to me, and others, last February, that it would take us three years to get back to where we should be and to have all those income streams sorted.

"In the short-term, it would mean people putting money in without looking for it back and that is something that has been missing for a few years now."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/ibrox-fans-will-step-up-and-pay-says-rangers-fans-chief-209767n.128514392

I'm not feeling the urgency here at all. Say what you want about Green and we all have, but he could sell the product.

Now i'm not saying King or the sales department should bullshit or dramatise the situation like Chuckles did, however someone needs to focus the wider support on the fight ahead, it's the Rangers versus those who want us gone.

Until we know the manager and his squad then sales will be flat as, without Celtic games, there's no reason for people not to just go game by game.

Yes, I appreciate paying the funds up front may help us acquire players and avoid further loans (converted to equity or not) but getting people out of the habit of not going to games will be a tricky one for the board to address.

Fans need inspiration and there's not been enough of that yet.

Until we know the manager and his squad then sales will be flat as, without Celtic games, there's no reason for people not to just go game by game.

Yes, I appreciate paying the funds up front may help us acquire players and avoid further loans (converted to equity or not) but getting people out of the habit of not going to games will be a tricky one for the board to address.

My inspiration for buying a ST this season is getting the previous parasites out the door.

Inspiration, emotions, loyalty, are all sales tools we are not using atm imo.

Inspiration, emotions, loyalty, are all sales tools we are not using atm imo.

Basically King is saying we need the money and have to co-invest with him.

That's fine and I appreciate the truth but we also need a product worth paying for.

That's fine and I appreciate the truth but we also need a product worth paying for.

Of course we need the product on the park, we already have got the inspiration,the emotions and loyalty surrounding the club. But we are not using those assets to their best effect to sell the Season Tickets, so the club can buy the product to put on the park imo

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Those who were going to renew still will those who are unsure are still unsure and those who were not going to renew still aren't.

Nothing has been done yet to gauge intent. The correct approach could push us near 30000 but the time to create a huge upswell has passed. The only way we would have got40+ is if they had put down a large pile of cash pre st sale

It's getting people to believe that he will co-invest that is the problem. Plus what he thinks is enough might not mare with fans expectations.