Costa Del Sol Trophy.

Just popping down to buy some postcards, love.... :D

I remember being on holiday with the missus in the Lake District in 2005 before the post-split Old Firm game that season.

It was a cracking morning and we were in the middle of nowhere in a lovely cottage so if I wanted a paper I had to nip out in the car for it. Suffice to say, I decided just to keep driving that morning all the way back up to Glasgow for the game. OK, the result was crap that day but it all worked out in the end thanks to Scott McDonald.

Let's just say the missus wasn't best pleased at being left though and is now a bit less naive when certain football games are being played and I need to pop out for something... :(

I remember being on holiday with the missus in the Lake District in 2005 before the post-split Old Firm game that season.

It was a cracking morning and we were in the middle of nowhere in a lovely cottage so if I wanted a paper I had to nip out in the car for it. Suffice to say, I decided just to keep driving that morning all the way back up to Glasgow for the game. OK, the result was crap that day but it all worked out in the end thanks to Scott McDonald.

Let's just say the missus wasn't best pleased at being left though and is now a bit less naive when certain football games are being played and I need to pop out for something... :(

That's brilliant, fair play to you.

http://malagapasion.es/malaga-cf/noticias/primer-equipo/glasgow-rangers-seria-el-invitado-al-trofeo-costa-del-sol/

GLASGOW RANGERS BE INVITED TO THE TROPHY COSTA DEL SOL

Malaga has advanced negotiations for the Scottish Glasgow Rangers is the rival of the white team in the presentation of the 15/16 season.

After shaking the post league with institutional problems by the resignation of former vice president Moayad Shatat and refusal to sell the club by the Al Thani, Malaga returns to the normal channels of summer. The sports planning begins to map and although nothing is confirmed, rival to the traditional thirty-first edition of the Trofeo Costa del Sol would: Glasgow Rangers.

The Scots are the leading candidates and the negotiations would be "very advanced", as Diario Sur appointment. The party that serves as an introduction to the malaguistas ahead of next season on Wednesday August 5 be disputed, with time to be confirmed. In the latest edition of the Costa del Sol, the opponent was JoaquÃ*n to defeat Fiorentina 0-2 with goals from Rossi and Gonzalo Rodriguez.

The team led by Stuart McCall has finished in third place in the Scottish Championship, Scotland's second division, 24 points behind champions Hearts. There have resonant names and are still in the middle stage of restructuring have been punished with relegation to the fourth category due to financial problems in which was immersed the club.

Moreover, following the suspension of the trip to Dallas, a new range of possibilities in the coming days should be confirmed opens. BenahavÃ*s would be planned as a working basis of the preseason and gaining strength the possibility of a trip to Germany to play two games against Karlsruhe and Freiburg. In addition it is considering the possibility of Malaga make a tour of South America in the framework of the World Challenge League.

would love this to be true but cant see us playing on aug 5th would need to be a couple of days earlier.

I think this is entirely feasible because:

Weekend of Saturday July 25 – Petrofac Training Cup 1st round

Weekend of Saturday August 1 – Scottish Premiership begins

Weekend of Saturday August 1 – Scottish League Cup 1st round

Weekend of Saturday August 8 – Scottish Championship, League 1 and League 2 begin

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/start-dates-for-201516/#bYItDyS3KldlzF37.99

I have been meaning to suggest a Gersnet trip to see Malaga for some time now. The difficulty would be finding a suitable date during the season when Rangers had a less attractive fixture say away from home and Malaga were at home but even then it is difficult because la Liga only announce the games for a weekend and do not announce the actual date and KO time until a few weeks before.

That said La Rosaleda is a nice stadium surrounded by bars and they even sell drink from vans across the road from the ground. Los Malaguistas are a friendly bunch and I have worn the colours there with no problems on a number of occasions.

y7SuJSjm.jpg

I have done a bit of googling and right now you could get an Easyjet flight out on the Tues and back on the Thurs or Fri for £215 and a decent 2 or 3 star hotel for around £40 - £60 a night so cost would depend on length of stay and whether or not folks wanted a separate room or sharing; but a 3 night trip would work out around £300 sharing or £400 single occupancy. Could be done for less if we take a hostel :eek2:. However a lot of the hotels only have one or two rooms left.

Fuengirola is a viable alternative because there is a direct train to Malaga and the ground is only a half hour walk from the main Maria Zombrano station or less than 10 mins in a taxi.

We could set up a stadium tour and the culture vultures could take in

the Picasso Museum

http://www.museopicassomalaga.org/

or the Thyssen Museum

http://www.carmenthyssenmalaga.org/en

which is better IMHO.

Anyone up for a trip if the game goes ahead?

Edited by BrahimHemdani