Costa Del Sol Trophy.

You and I are like water and oil then my friend. I've been to Vegas about 17 times and would go multiple times a year if my wallet would allow.

Fair enough.

I would have gone to see Elvis but that's about the only reason.

I've seen the real Eiffel Tower, and if I want to see the pyramids I'll go to Egypt or the Canals I'll go to Venice.

I think it's summed up for me by the Pinball Hall of Fame and the Neon Museum; but each to his own.

Maybe we should start a favourite vacation or city thread. That should help us pass the summer months.

You and I are like water and oil then my friend. I've been to Vegas about 17 times and would go multiple times a year if my wallet would allow.

Was there last week, my ninth time.

Finest resort in the world bar none

Forked out $40 odd to see a really shite Elvis and was worth every penny for the unintentional humour alone.

Place was heaving with mhankies as they were having their convention there.....:(

Highlight was watching a guy become stuck about 25' short of the end on the Freemont Street zipline, he was stuck for at least half an hour.

Edited by forlanssister

Was there last week, my ninth time.

Finest resort in the world bar none

Forked out $40 odd to see a really shite Elvis and was worth every penny for the unintentional humour alone.

Place was heaving with mhankies as they were having their convention there.....:(

Highlight was watching a guy become stuck about 25' short of the end on the Freemont Street zipline, he was stuck for at least half an hour.

I might start a vacation thread so as not to hi-jack this one.

What I love about Vegas is it can be any type of vacation you want it to be. Some of the best dining in the world, some great shows, concerts, comedians on offer - people there to have fun and I am JUST young enough to still enjoy the pool parties and nightclubs, though my days of those are drawing closer to the finishing line :D

I agree, finest resort in the world, an adult's playground in many different ways.

I've seen the real Eiffel Tower too and have eaten in the restaurant there (Jules Verne - trust me, worth the expensive bill you get) but the Vegas version is very, very little to do with the Eiffel Tower, it is nothing more than a gimmick - but the food in their restaurant is wonderful too.

I've also been to the Venetian canals and I would rather the ones in Vegas any day of the week.

Anyone who looks at Vegas as simply being these replica structures has absolutely no clue on what Vegas is really about.

OK, will start a vacation thread in the Lounge :thup:

I might start a vacation thread so as not to hi-jack this one.

What I love about Vegas is it can be any type of vacation you want it to be. Some of the best dining in the world, some great shows, concerts, comedians on offer - people there to have fun and I am JUST young enough to still enjoy the pool parties and nightclubs, though my days of those are drawing closer to the finishing line :D

I agree, finest resort in the world, an adult's playground in many different ways.

I've seen the real Eiffel Tower too and have eaten in the restaurant there (Jules Verne - trust me, worth the expensive bill you get) but the Vegas version is very, very little to do with the Eiffel Tower, it is nothing more than a gimmick - but the food in their restaurant is wonderful too.

I've also been to the Venetian canals and I would rather the ones in Vegas any day of the week.

Anyone who looks at Vegas as simply being these replica structures has absolutely no clue on what Vegas is really about.

OK, will start a vacation thread in the Lounge :thup:

I take it that was meant to be a reply to my post #21 or perhaps both FS #22 as well?

Obviously I have to watch my pensioiner pennies a bit more than you Caribbean jetsetters.

A bit off topic agreed as I said.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Vacation!? Another Americanism slipping into our dialect. I despair.

Don't despair on my behalf. I've been in Bermuda for 15 years, which is 36% of my life, so I will retain the right to use American slang wherever I see fit, especially as Bermuda is very Americanised despite being a British colony.

Don't despair on my behalf. I've been in Bermuda for 15 years, which is 36% of my life, so I will retain the right to use American slang wherever I see fit, especially as Bermuda is very Americanised despite being a British colony.

That's fair enough. It wasn't directed at you -- I actually thought I seen it a few times from others, but on looking through I only see you using it. Apologies.